2014 MOON DAYS

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: 2014 MOON DAYS

Unread postby dan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Not an exact science... But, I am seeing a shift right along with the chart. Your right, regardless of the chart, the majority of deer movement is 1ST OR LAST LIGHT... But, during the rut, I am seeing the majority of my midday cruising right on with the moon times. A week ago it was in the late mornings along with the moon guide, now its evenings again with the moon times, and it will be shifting back to mornings soon.
Went out and sat an afternoon and a morning on a property Saturday... Between the morning and afternoon I sat pretty much an all day... Saw 7 DEER, all but 2 were within a 1/2 hour of the moon time (3:30) AND the two were not far off... Seen nothing in the 1st or last hour of light...
Yesterday evening deer were out like crazy right at moon time while I was driving around...

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:01 pm

dan wrote:Not an exact science... But, I am seeing a shift right along with the chart. Your right, regardless of the chart, the majority of deer movement is 1ST OR LAST LIGHT... But, during the rut, I am seeing the majority of my midday cruising right on with the moon times. A week ago it was in the late mornings along with the moon guide, now its evenings again with the moon times, and it will be shifting back to mornings soon. Went out and sat an afternoon and a morning on a property Saturday... Between the morning and afternoon I sat pretty much an all day... Saw 7 DEER, all but 2 were within a 1/2 hour of the moon time (3:30) AND the two were not far off... Seen nothing in the 1st or last hour of light...
Yesterday evening deer were out like crazy right at moon time while I was driving around...

agreed , my observation also
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
NBK

Unread postby NBK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Image Dan, I don't hunt (or fish) based on moon times. My pop always told me the best time to go was anytime you get a chance. I do understand the benefit of a few extra minutes or extra advantages. Have had some of my best outings on so called 'poor' days (as others have noted). That said I picked up my camera card from the woods the other day and couldn't help but notice how neatly the times dovetailed with your post. This was one of about a dozen shots that were taken between 9:13 and 10:05. Prove anything? Who knows. Fun to see either way. Also, found what appears to be a primary buck bed on Sat that I'm waiting for the right wind. Looks very promising! Once the season is over I'll post some photos.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”