Lone Wolf VS XOP for mobile setup

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bulldawgfan007

Lone Wolf VS XOP for mobile setup

Unread postby bulldawgfan007 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 pm

I've never owned a truly mobile setup, unless you count my muddy stand, but it is noisy because of ratchet straps. I've looked up mods to not have to use the ratchet strap, but for the money I think I would rather have a new stand. I see the Lone Wolf assault runs around $250 and the XOP Air Assault which is similar is set at $200. For those of you who has had or seen both is there any real advantage to getting the lone wolf? With Andrae joining the XOP team, I'm leaning towards the XOP but with never owning a LW in the first place I figured I would ask. Thanks in advance

Dewey

Re: Lone Wold VS XOP for mobile setup

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Depends if Made In USA is important to you.

Lone Wolf-USA

XOP-China

If that's not important to you can save a lot of money buying an XOP.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Lone Wolf VS XOP for mobile setup

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm

I see myself going XOP moving forward. Price is obviously there, but Lone Wolf's customer service has been going down hill and stands are almost exactly the same.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Really not a lot of difference. Andrae said he has an "air raid" for me, but I have not picked it up yet. From my understanding the air raid is slightly heavier, and made in china. I am still a little curious exactly how it attaches to the tree, I remember seeing a design that had an attachment you put onto the tree then slide the stand into, I am not sure if they went that wrought or not...
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Imagemy buddy bought one at the show this past weekend at deer fest ....he showed me yesterday ...the only thing I liked about it was the new batt wing. instead of four points of contact the new one has 6 points of contact...that im excited about. but until they make an assault style XOP I will not be getting one
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 am

I like the XOP overall. Like BigHunt stated, I really like the new batwing.

I personally like the tube design better than the cast design for the post. Its easier to stealth strip and the sticks stack better on the tube (although I don't stack my sticks that way ;) )

The seat was definitely more comfortable on the XOP, but it was loud. I don't know if this has been addressed. So like the Lone Wolf, I'd probably change out the seat.

Personally I'd try to buy lightly used Lone Wolf stuff on craigslist.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:31 am

dan wrote:Really not a lot of difference. Andrae said he has an "air raid" for me, but I have not picked it up yet. From my understanding the air raid is slightly heavier, and made in china. I am still a little curious exactly how it attaches to the tree, I remember seeing a design that had an attachment you put onto the tree then slide the stand into, I am not sure if they went that wrought or not...

They did. Andrae demonstrates the system on the Whitetail Addictions show. It came across as a bit loud.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
dan wrote:Really not a lot of difference. Andrae said he has an "air raid" for me, but I have not picked it up yet. From my understanding the air raid is slightly heavier, and made in china. I am still a little curious exactly how it attaches to the tree, I remember seeing a design that had an attachment you put onto the tree then slide the stand into, I am not sure if they went that wrought or not...

They did. Andrae demonstrates the system on the Whitetail Addictions show. It came across as a bit loud.

Agreed on the loudness....

[ Post made via Android ] Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
fauxfly

Unread postby fauxfly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 am

For you guys on the fence about the XOP equipment - let me just say this...I've borrowed a buddy's LW stuff last season. Loved it and almost pulled the trigger on an Alpha and sticks...the kids needed stuff for school/sports so that was where the extra money had to go.

Now this season I hear of XOP and how close the equipment is to the original LW. I just bought the XOP "medium hang-on" and also the XOP sticks. LOVE THEM!! When yer in a tree - I defy anyone to tell me which one is which. I've always respected the De'Quisto (sp) family and think they have it together more than these clowns on the hunting shows on the TV.

Can I get past the fact that my equipment is made in China - yup! I got an F150 with quite a bit of components either assembled in or from Mexico. I got flat screens in my home - union made in Milwaukee - Nope!! China!! I'm all for buy American but the price really turned my head - besides... the cast platform is guaranteed ! I'll be up in my tree this coming fall in my XOP stuff - and I'll have a little extra money for some taxidermy since this site and Dan showed me the light!!!

Thanks again Dan - yer a class act!!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:54 am

fauxfly wrote:For you guys on the fence about the XOP equipment - let me just say this...I've borrowed a buddy's LW stuff last season. Loved it and almost pulled the trigger on an Alpha and sticks...the kids needed stuff for school/sports so that was where the extra money had to go.

Now this season I hear of XOP and how close the equipment is to the original LW. I just bought the XOP "medium hang-on" and also the XOP sticks. LOVE THEM!! When yer in a tree - I defy anyone to tell me which one is which. I've always respected the De'Quisto (sp) family and think they have it together more than these clowns on the hunting shows on the TV.

Can I get past the fact that my equipment is made in China - yup! I got an F150 with quite a bit of components either assembled in or from Mexico. I got flat screens in my home - union made in Milwaukee - Nope!! China!! I'm all for buy American but the price really turned my head - besides... the cast platform is guaranteed ! I'll be up in my tree this coming fall in my XOP stuff - and I'll have a little extra money for some taxidermy since this site and Dan showed me the light!!!

Did they fix the seat?
jreinke

Unread postby jreinke » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:11 am

XOP Is the Best Bang for the buck in my opinion. Andrae D'Acquisto's son Cody is the best guy to deal with. I have the older silver series medium hang on.
fauxfly

Unread postby fauxfly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:23 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
fauxfly wrote:For you guys on the fence about the XOP equipment - let me just say this...I've borrowed a buddy's LW stuff last season. Loved it and almost pulled the trigger on an Alpha and sticks...the kids needed stuff for school/sports so that was where the extra money had to go.

Did they fix the seat?

Not sure what seat fix your referring too...??
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:24 am

fauxfly wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

Did they fix the seat?

Not sure what seat fix your referring too...??

The XOP seat. The covering was very loud. I assume they fixed it?
Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:29 am

The silver series still has the loud seat. At least mine does. I don't know about the air raid. I replaced my seat with a 2" thick piece of neoprene pad from Menards for $5. Super quite and very comfortable.
Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
fauxfly

Unread postby fauxfly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:34 am

Trailcamaddict wrote:The silver series still has the loud seat. At least mine does. I don't know about the air raid. I replaced my seat with a 2" thick piece of neoprene pad from Menards for $5. Super quite and very comfortable.

Care to post a pic there Addict??

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”