lucky buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

lucky buck

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm thinking about using this for trail cams. Anyone have success?

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Re: lucky buck

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Yes it works very well here in my area. I have a buddy that does extremely well with it and he puts a little corn to the side of it. Gets great buck pictures every year. It will depend on location obviously but if placed in the right area where bucks are present it should definitely aid you in taking inventory of what bucks are in the general location.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks. I heard molases mix is good too. Just looking for diff opinions.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Salt works very well also. Very cheap, get a bag of cattlemans salt. Will last a long time.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:02 am

Lucky Buck is a strong attractant, bucks will make rub lines to the site with hard antler in the fall, let alone all their activity with it in the spring. I have witnessed these rublines in both peninsulas of Michigan as well as Ontario, Canada. Good stuff.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:10 am

Lucky buck is the best attractant I have found, its all I use and works much better than plain salt probably because deer like the sweet taste too.

As I said on another post, a plus of using lucky buck is you can save your purchase receipts and send them in for a refund because they guarantee "bigger racks or your money back" as a marketing ploy. Based on current research free range deer antlers have never been proven to be affected by a little supplemental mineral. That makes it even cheaper ;)
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:30 am

So do you send them in and get your money back? Seems like a pretty good deal.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:52 am

I use corn and Lucky Buck. 50# bag of corn down, then sprinkle half a bucket of Lucky Buck onto the top of it. Replenish every few weeks. The Lucky Buck is basically apple flavored salt and sticks around for a long time. I usually have to throw a few buckets of dirt onto the licks at the end of summer to keep them from digging down too deep and causing tire ruts for the farmers.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:04 am

ozzz wrote:So do you send them in and get your money back? Seems like a pretty good deal.

Yea just follow the directions on the top of each bucket. I don't feel bad about asking for a refund for something that really attracts deer because they are the ones stating the misleading "bigger racks or your money back" which is simply not true. Any one person can only send back 5 I think (you could have a friend/wife buy another 5 and so on of course) but that's about $100 each person :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”