Wild Parsnip

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: Wild Parsnip

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:01 am

bowhunter15 wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:
Bucky wrote:Day #3 and I got lucky... the rash is going down no blisters! I did get some rash on my forehead too :doh:

Good thing you were not "answering nature's call" with that stuff on your hands :shock: :lol:

I think as long as you don't whip it out in direct sunlight you should be alright :D

Yeah, I notice the stuff on my arms gets worse with exercise and if I go outside... even now 72hrs later! How long does that last??? I'm going back with 5 gallons of RoundUp... I'm gonna show old yellow flower who is BOSS!

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:25 am

In my past experience it almost seems like sunlight speeds up the process, going both ways. It seems to make the rash and blisters worse going outside. But then once the blisters start to anti-inflame the sun almost seems to dry them out and scab them quicker. That's not a scientific explanation at all; just an observation I've made and think might be true. As far as how long it lasts, I've had blisters still there at 7-10 days. The inflammation seems to keep growing the first 2-4 days, then peaks, then starts dying off.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:31 am

bowhunter15 wrote:In my past experience it almost seems like sunlight speeds up the process, going both ways. It seems to make the rash and blisters worse going outside. But then once the blisters start to anti-inflame the sun almost seems to dry them out and scab them quicker. That's not a scientific explanation at all; just an observation I've made and think might be true. As far as how long it lasts, I've had blisters still there at 7-10 days. The inflammation seems to keep growing the first 2-4 days, then peaks, then starts dying off.

This makes sense. A lot of cyclic compounds have enhanced toxicity/effect in the presence of UV light.
seeds

Unread postby seeds » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:36 am

gjs4 wrote:Whats crazy is we have tons of it and ours here (in WNY) doesn't have any side effects. Hope youre okay man

Golden alexander looks very similar to wild parsnip

https://www.google.com/search?q=golden+ ... B350%3B350
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
bowhunter15 wrote:In my past experience it almost seems like sunlight speeds up the process, going both ways. It seems to make the rash and blisters worse going outside. But then once the blisters start to anti-inflame the sun almost seems to dry them out and scab them quicker. That's not a scientific explanation at all; just an observation I've made and think might be true. As far as how long it lasts, I've had blisters still there at 7-10 days. The inflammation seems to keep growing the first 2-4 days, then peaks, then starts dying off.

This makes sense. A lot of cyclic compounds have enhanced toxicity/effect in the presence of UV light.

Thanks Mr Wizard. ;) :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 am

Just went full throttle with a Medrol (roids) dose pack too... time for cocktail in the sun :shifty:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:23 am

Thanks for the push bowhunter15... the oral steroids knocked out the itch completely. I feel like things are improving now 96hrs post exposure :D
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:43 am

ttt

For all you guys out stomping in woods, marshes and ditches... make sure you know what this stuff looks like. I see it everywhere now!!!

Yellow looking tall flowering plant on right of this cut.... this STUFF is nasty is you get the sap on you!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”