beast hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

n.sampey

beast hunting

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Guys I know I got alot of questions so bear with me, but what exactly is the definition of hunting the beast way???

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

IF YOU EVER HAVE A DAY IN THE WOODS WHERE YOU DONT LEARN SOMETHING, THEN YOU DIDNT PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION
bigwoodsmn

Re: beast hunting

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:45 pm

I'd say order the Marsh Bucks DVD. Basically the guys scout year round to find big bucks and then kill individual bucks right near their beds pre-rut. A lot of these guys do it pretty consistently. The sites has a lot of rut and post rut strategies and information about terrain features, wind behavior, and buck bedding habits...
Last edited by bigwoodsmn on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Definitely gonna order both dvd's heard alot about I was just wondering what it consisted of

IF YOU EVER HAVE A DAY IN THE WOODS WHERE YOU DONT LEARN SOMETHING, THEN YOU DIDNT PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Watching the Marsh Bucks dvd is the quickest way to start learning it. You can get the dvd here:

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/shop/product.php?id_product=15

Also, this is a thread that has links to all of the best tactical threads

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24471
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Sorry for the edit:

Basically the guys scout year round to find big bucks and then kill individual bucks right near their beds pre-rut. A lot of these guys do it pretty consistently. The sites has a lot of rut and post rut strategies and information about terrain features, wind behavior, and buck bedding habits...
n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Awesome exactly what I needed to know

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm

This thread explains the beast mentality.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6839&p=70296&hilit=Beast+style#p70296

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Sampey welcome to the sight... its a great place to learn how to hunt big bucks... for me it has basically changed my whole style of how I hunt, scout and think about deer hunting. It is a tool that I rely on to understand all aspects of the hunt. This is not your average hunting forum.. these guys r pros.. with all the different personalities on here I would say there is enough knowledge to cover every angle of deer hunting.. I would suggest you start a note book n get ready to get an education in killing big bucks. Enjoy the ride.. I know i have

[ Post made via Android ] Image
n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:12 pm

That's what I'm here for I am far from knowing it all or anywhere near it... I'm only 23 and usually outwalk/scout anyone but that doesn't matter when you don't know what your looking for and I think that's my problem. I am open to try anything new and look forward to becoming a hunting beast. Also nice to meet you all

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 pm

n.sampey wrote:That's what I'm here for I am far from knowing it all or anywhere near it... I'm only 23 and usually outwalk/scout anyone but that doesn't matter when you don't know what your looking for and I think that's my problem. I am open to try anything new and look forward to becoming a hunting beast. Also nice to meet you all

Great questions and welcome to the Beast! 8-)

Best advice I have for you right now is buy the dvd's and SLOW DOWN. Pay attention to everything around you and use that information to apply what you learn in the dvd's. ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:45 pm

n.sampey wrote:That's what I'm here for I am far from knowing it all or anywhere near it... I'm only 23 and usually outwalk/scout anyone but that doesn't matter when you don't know what your looking for and I think that's my problem. I am open to try anything new and look forward to becoming a hunting beast. Also nice to meet you all

Watch the DVD'S and then scout and hunt a LOT. It eventually starts to make sense. A few close encounters gives a guy confidence that you are on the right path.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:06 pm

:lol: no one can out walk dan , no one ! he is half mounting goat......I have to run when I with im :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:12 am

Lol Dan seems like a pro from what I gather on this site... Would be nice to meet him this November when I come upto my Wisconsin lease, from what I hear he can work wonders 1 on 1

Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:48 am

A pro would be an understatement lol

But i am like you and hunter harder than smarter and this site has helped me develop a purpose in the woods rather than just being a hard hunter..

Spend some time reading through the threads referenced in the thread below, they are some of the best but there are plenty more so spend some time searching old threads. but this should give you a good start

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24471
Make It Happen
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:38 am

The first thing to understand is that mature bucks are different animals and you can't hunt them like does or younger bucks, or especially like the tv hunters. After you get that figured out and open your mind to new advice and tactics it will come to you in time. Scout like crazy and learn your areas, hunt those bucks in or very near their bedrooms or core areas. There is a steep learning curve so don't be afraid to mess up, just keep learning and trying new things and it will all come together.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”