Stand Location Help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Redman232

Stand Location Help

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:20 am

Here a few properties I've hunted for a few years. I generally see shooters here every year, early season and during the rut (I just don't get to hunt here very often, it's a good drive). I've had a few close encounters and shot my biggest buck to date off this land (not recovered completely intact, don't ask :twisted: ) I'm wanting some fresh eyes to see what I need to change up, as far as stand location and entrance route. Anyone who is bored waiting for the season to start feel free to jump in. Property boundary is outlined in yellow in first picture, 3rd and 4th pictures are blow ups of first picture, using the road as a dividing line more or less.ImageProperty outlined in read on topo ImageImageImage

backstraps

Re: Stand Location Help

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 am

I will bump this for ya redman

I really like the looks of the parcel NE of your borders
Redman232

Re: Stand Location Help

Unread postby Redman232 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:23 am

backstraps wrote:I will bump this for ya redman

I really like the looks of the parcel NE of your borders

Yeah tell me about it, it's essentially a nature preserve, no hunting or hiking access. I was down a few weeks ago and took a closer look, got some trees prepped and even hung a stand (1 more than usual). Some of the land to the west of the road has been leased, so no more access for me. With the new setups and actually scouting (I was down there once in March also) this year I'm pretty confident if I can put in some time, I'll at least get a crack at a good one.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”