Stand Location Help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Redman232

Stand Location Help

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:10 am

Here a few properties I've hunted for a few years. I generally see shooters here every year, early season and during the rut (I just don't get to hunt here very often, it's a good drive). I've had a few close encounters and shot my biggest buck to date off this land (not recovered completely intact, don't ask :twisted: ) I'm wanting some fresh eyes to see what I need to change up, as far as stand location and entrance route. Anyone who is bored waiting for the season to start feel free to jump in. Property boundary is outlined in yellow in first picture, 3rd and 4th pictures are blow ups of first picture, using the road as a dividing line more or less.ImageProperty outlined in read on topo ImageImageImage

Bucky

Re: Stand Location Help

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:15 am

Best spot for me personally is the inside corner on the lowest picture. I just would wait until the timing is right to hunt it... first cold front near Nov 1st... I'd probably sit it all day back to back days with a North/North East wind assuming the picture is oriented N at the top of the photo
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
cdeam

Re: Stand Location Help

Unread postby cdeam » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:17 am

The first thing that jumped out at me was Bucky's inside corner. And if you don't want guys to know where you're hunting you might want to black out the coordinates at the bottom of the pics!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”