Do you keep The Beast a secret?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Troutking

Re: Do you keep The Beast a secret?

Unread postby Troutking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 pm

I've given the Hill Country DVD to friends and have never had a positive response. Not one has come back with the passion and excitement that I did when I watched it for the first time.

The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
wibowhntr

Unread postby wibowhntr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 pm

I don't keep it a secret. I have had a few friends that have visited the sight but just like what everyone else says they want to take the easy path by either hunting field edges or rut stands.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 pm

every one ive talked to or mentioned about the beast already knows every thing about hunting..... :roll:
if it looks like there not interested or not listen, then I just stop talking !

you have to have an open mind to get anywhere in this style of hunting
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 am

when i start talking hunting to locals in bluff country when im up in vernon the conversation usually stops. :lol: they quickly realize im spouting off stuff they arent doing and the conversation flattens out so then i just stop too. i would think by now living in those bluffs they would have figured something out. what really happens is they hunt the same ole spots get lucky once in a blue moon during the rut or the wind just happenned to be right on that certain sit and they "have it all figured out" . i usually keep to myself anymore ......
uzi

Unread postby uzi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 am

I share with all my hunting buddies and relatives. However, when I talk to my neighbors that hunt I don't mention it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
I_Love_Scotch

Unread postby I_Love_Scotch » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:50 am

I tell people about the DVDs and the site, but most just don't care or don't care about shooting mature deer. I think a lot of people want to be successful but don't have time and instead of doing the work they shell out tons of cash to try and buy their success. My philosophy is that everyone is busy but those who want it bad enough will make time to do their scouting. You might have to skip a Sunday football game with the boys and go scout, or take 1/2 day of vacation time from work, or go hang cameras in July instead of going boating. Never skip out on a family event though unless its with the in laws, otherwise family always comes before hunting. I personally find the scouting aspect the most interesting part of the hunt. There's nothing quite like scouting in February and March and playing detective in the woods.
Super goat

Unread postby Super goat » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 pm

I have told a few people about the Beast and it gos against the way most people learned to hunt so they look at me like I'm crazy. I've been hunting Beast style a long time ( didn't know it until last year when I stumbled upon this site) but I've never mastered it. People always told me stay away from beding areas. So I tell people with open minds that don't hunt wear I do.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”