Whitetail Addictions (Here is the show link)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Missionshooter
500 Club

Re: Whitetail Addictions (Here is the show link)

Unread postby Missionshooter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:53 pm

They did not censor Cody after he missed that buck. It kind of surprised me. :o

STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Anybody watch Ashley D'aquisto's show (episode #3 ) ?
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:43 am

dan wrote:Anybody watch Ashley D'aquisto's show (episode #3 ) ?

I got it on dvr just hadn't got around to watching yet.
Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 am

dan wrote:Anybody watch Ashley D'aquisto's show (episode #3 ) ?

I did - I wait till they are posted on Vimeo and then watch on my big screen.

I actually liked the show. Ashley seems very humble about her upcoming in hunting and certainly knows how to put down a deer. I liked the "Tip" from Andrea and wish they could devote more time to sections like this. We could all learn something from some real strategic tips (not tips about how to set out scents or use calls or pixie dust).

One thing Ashley said was that gun hunting was "never really an option for her" I had to wonder why. Seems like the D'auistos's would be into gun hunting.
Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:48 am

One thing Ashley said was that gun hunting was "never really an option for her" I had to wonder why. Seems like the D'auistos's would be into gun hunting.

I remember gun hunting with Andrae for one season years ago... I think it was the only season he ever gun hunted and it was more to protect his land. He shot a 140 class buck and I remember him saying he would not mount it cause he wouldn't taint his walls with a gun kill. Someone stole the rack out of his back yard and he really didn't care...
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 am

dan wrote:

I remember gun hunting with Andrae for one season years ago... I think it was the only season he ever gun hunted and it was more to protect his land. He shot a 140 class buck and I remember him saying he would not mount it cause he wouldn't taint his walls with a gun kill. Someone stole the rack out of his back yard and he really didn't care...

then why shoot it?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:33 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
dan wrote:

then why shoot it?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Not sure... But even though back in those days a 140 was considered a big buck, I think he regretted shooting it. I was shooting at it too, it was big enough to taint my walls.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:08 pm

I liked this one better than the last one with Cody.
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Here was yet another episode where Andrae just left some things hanging. When talking about that huge dead buck, he could have offered so much more insight about it. MAINLY like what killed it, where did they find it, was it an EHD victim etc... Also my daughter was watching Ashley's episode with me. She really wanted to know Ashely's set up. There are just so many places that this show could blow the rest out of the water, but it falls far short.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:41 am

Rutnstrut wrote:Here was yet another episode where Andrae just left some things hanging. When talking about that huge dead buck, he could have offered so much more insight about it. MAINLY like what killed it, where did they find it, was it an EHD victim etc... Also my daughter was watching Ashley's episode with me. She really wanted to know Ashely's set up. There are just so many places that this show could blow the rest out of the water, but it falls far short.

I dont think their template is to produce an informative hunting show.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:20 am

Rutnstrut wrote:Here was yet another episode where Andrae just left some things hanging. When talking about that huge dead buck, he could have offered so much more insight about it. MAINLY like what killed it, where did they find it, was it an EHD victim etc... Also my daughter was watching Ashley's episode with me. She really wanted to know Ashely's set up. There are just so many places that this show could blow the rest out of the water, but it falls far short.

Yeah, I didn't really understand the purpose of the weekly tip. Andrae basically just said the buck left small prints and few rubs and covered a lot of ground, which made him difficult to pin down, but really never gave any actual tips. Maybe I missed it?
JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Primetime41 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't really understand the purpose of the weekly tip. Andrae basically just said the buck left small prints and few rubs and covered a lot of ground, which made him difficult to pin down, but really never gave any actual tips. Maybe I missed it?

The point he was trying to make is no 2 mature bucks are the same. Not all have big tracks, tear up huge trees or have established areas they bed on a daily basis. You have to adjust your tactics to each individual animal from finding them, patterning them and finally trying to kill them.
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:26 pm

JJWI wrote:
Primetime41 wrote:

The point he was trying to make is no 2 mature bucks are the same. Not all have big tracks, tear up huge trees or have established areas they bed on a daily basis. You have to adjust your tactics to each individual animal from finding them, patterning them and finally trying to kill them.

Maybe I should have phrased my post differently. I understood what he was getting at, but he never really stated an actual tip. Had he stated it as well as you did, it would have made more sense.

I do hope they keep that portion of the show though. I look forward to hearing more from him.
vanceg

Unread postby vanceg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:23 pm

ozzz wrote:

They aren't producing many kill shots either. Terrible at getting shots on film.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 am

vanceg wrote:
ozzz wrote:

[glow=red]They aren't producing many kill shots either. Terrible at getting shots on film.
[/glow]

Well, they are SELF filming, that's not easy to do...... not a big deal to me if I see the actual arrow going through the deer.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”