How often does your spring setup pan out?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowmike
500 Club

Re: How often does your spring setup pan out?

Unread postby bowmike » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:35 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Rural hunting without large acreage, say 50 continuous acres, seems reasonably good and somewhat consistent w/ minor tweaks until most the mast and greens are gone. Rut starts to kick in and the game seems to move out some...

Hill Country and bigger woods seem more food dependent for the particular seasons food; like acorns, beech nuts or apples.
Find the food and hilly beds and get in between and an off wind and you will strike gold...

Although pressure will push and/or turn them nocturnal quicker than you can shake a stick at. Having history w/the property and knowing escape routes and / or thick areas can still produce too...

Last 2-3 seasons has been fresh sets for most everything, not much on the presets...

Way more fun for me with guessing game / figuring deer out and of course the unknown!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I agree with this a lot. I had set up on food sources a lot more last year, and saw 10 times the deer I normally would. THis lays out exactly my way of hunting, and ironically this started taking place about the time I watched Hill Country bucks :)

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”