First Out of State Archery Hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mzldr2

First Out of State Archery Hunt

Unread postby mzldr2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:47 am

Hi Guys,

I've hunted every corner of PA, but have never went on an out of state hunt. Was recently invited to join a college buddy on a 3 day, public land hunt in early November. The area is about 6 hours from my house and due to my travel schedule, I don't foresee being able to get out there at all before it's time to go hunting, so it will truly be a blind hunt. Based on that, I've been reviewing satellite and topo maps to utilize the info I've learned here. Most of the areas I hunt around here are pretty structure-less and are more or less ridges with only subtle terrain changes. The place I'm looking at now seems to be the complete opposite an I am getting tangled up in my underwear looking at it. From my research, it appears prevailing wind direction is out of the WSW so I've been focusing on the Eastern sides of the "hills"

I cropped the maps below so that the entire area in the picture is available for me to hunt. I've included a topo and and sat photo. I've been focusing on the 900ft elevation line, but not sure if that is what I should be doing. I went from reviewing maps that had 3-4 potential places to what appears to me endless places. Part of the learning process I guess.

Image+

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

Thx,
mzldr2

mzldr2

Re: First Out of State Archery Hunt

Unread postby mzldr2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:03 am

Maps should be fixed now...sry

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”