TV Shows-Product Endorsement-Hilarious

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HoosierG5
500 Club

TV Shows-Product Endorsement-Hilarious

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:43 am

I just caught part of a very popular midwestern whitetail hunting show. I enjoy watching it because the guys seem like real good down to earth guys, and I like the product they produce and their approach. However, I noticed in one tv segment, they mentioned a certain scent elimination product and it's effectiveness 8 times. At one point, I checked the DVR to make sure that is wasn't replaying the same scene as I was listening more than watching cooking dinner for my kiddos. It was a typical, "the wind is blowing COMPLETELY downwind and these deer have no idea we are here" comments. At no point was there an indication of which way the wind was really blowing, but constant reminders of how great one of their biggest sponsors truly is (in their books). For the first time, I truly said, "Pixie Dust" out loud on several occasions. Thanks HB...years ago, I might have made a list of "things to buy" before the season began including their product. Kind of see right through it right now...It may work to an extent, but it's simply a product being marketed for the profit of someone who knows it's impossible to mask the human scent we carry into the woods every time we hunt.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

JohnnieU

Re: TV Shows-Product Endorsement-Hilarious

Unread postby JohnnieU » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 pm

I love the scent product plugs in TV shows, my favorite on a well known show was a guy wearing his Scent lok/Blocker (they're interchangeable to me) hat, looking at the camera saying "that buck must have winded me" when it clearly winded him. You'd thought they would catch that in editing.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:39 pm

I saw a lesser known show, showing a guy rubbing a special oil on his skin to keep the "scent cells" from falling off him and blowing in the wind!

Now, one thing I like about Major League Bowhunters, even though they clearly show their guys spraying down with Code Blue...I have heard them say they don't know if it worked or not. At least they don't outright lie about it.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:50 pm

i'll admit, I watch a decent amount of shows but only for entertainment value. Mainly, anything in the the midwest I like to watch. I DVR everything though and fast forward through 75% of it. Just watching it gets me excited for fall!
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 am

The 1/2 hour shows are really only 15 mins. The rest are ads. Might as well breeze through them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”