Have your camera's been working ok ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Have your camera's been working ok ?

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:43 pm

My favorite Coverts in my collection are the Black MP6 Cams. Wing Supply still had them for 115 tyd last week.

Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:15 pm

I have purchased 10 truth 35's over the last three years. One of them never worked so I tossed it, the other nine work just fine.

The deer density is low enough where I hunt that battery life is not a big issue.

They also seem to have real good trigger speed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 pm

I have used Moultries, Cuddybacks, and Bushnells, and Coverts. I finally wore the Cuddybacks out, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I have 4 of them and they're all 7-8 years old. I have one old Moultrie left (it's about as big as a shoebox), about 10 years old, and it's still going, so I'll keep on using it until it dies. The bushnell is a piece of crap. I sent it back for repair and they tried but didn't fix it. I've had issues with the Coverts also and had them repaired, good cameras.

Stanley wrote: Coverts C.S. is second to none.

This is why I'll always buy Coverts. I know I'll have issues with any cameras I buy, but you can't beat Covert Customer service.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
shogan

Unread postby shogan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:21 am

kurt wrote:
As far as inexpensive cameras what do guys like and whats the best deal price wise? and where do you get them? Someone mention black Friday deals.

One of the guys mentioned that most cameras are hit and miss, some work flawlessly but the same camera may be crappy for someone else. I agree. I read too many horror stories of $200 cameras not working and was unwilling to invest that much money into a camera that may or may not work. Instead I did a little research and for $50 plus a 2 year warranty ($3) I bought A Tasco camera from walmart. It is small, has good daytime pictures, marginal night pictures, and so far it's been dependable. My thoughts were if I am running the risk of having a defect in the product, I might as well have less cash at stake. So far it has paid off...Just my two cents! Good luck!
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 am

shogan wrote:
kurt wrote:
As far as inexpensive cameras what do guys like and whats the best deal price wise? and where do you get them? Someone mention black Friday deals.

One of the guys mentioned that most cameras are hit and miss, some work flawlessly but the same camera may be crappy for someone else. I agree. I read too many horror stories of $200 cameras not working and was unwilling to invest that much money into a camera that may or may not work. Instead I did a little research and for $50 plus a 2 year warranty ($3) I bought A Tasco camera from walmart. It is small, has good daytime pictures, marginal night pictures, and so far it's been dependable. My thoughts were if I am running the risk of having a defect in the product, I might as well have less cash at stake. So far it has paid off...Just my two cents! Good luck!

I bought one of those tascos once, lasted only 6 months, I never bought the warranty. I bought one of those mini bushnell cams for 100$ from Wally World, working good so far, I like it only uses 4 AA batteries

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 am

I have 4 bushnells. So far one crapped out in 3 years. I called the company and they sent me a new one for free. The one that crapped out still works but no display so I can get a peek or two with it. Not too bad of a camera. The batteries last forever I get at least 6-8 months out of a set.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:17 am

Don't know, haven't put them out in a few years...

Got sick of crappy cameras (all of them) and the cost of batteries, not to mention the big bucks I got on film evaporated some how...

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 pm

I just put mine out behind the house... first time ive ever tried one of the new digitals... guess we will see what happens

solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Reconyx. You never have to worry about if they are working ok. The money is worth it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 pm

looking good 8-) ;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Bird

Unread postby Bird » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:35 am

I can tell you from experience and history, we used the cheap ones, and with the hunting land being 2.5 hours away, got tired of the dead camera's and 100's of photo's of nothing while arriving hoping to see the deer we were looking for.

We now use Reconyx and Buck-eye-cam. We don't have to enter the woods for the buck-eye's (wireless) and the Reconyx will last 6 months on good batteries or about 4000 pictures.

In the end, you get what you pay for, if buying 4 - 150.00 camera's in 4 years, is cheaper than buying 1 - 600.00 camera every 8-10 years, my math must be screwed up. :roll:

Just my 2 cents
mbucks27

Unread postby mbucks27 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Try the covert mp6 black. takes great pics and lasts forever. Its also real small and camo and very easy to hide if you put it up
about 6 ft. As for wildgame I wouldn't put one of those out if they gave it to me for free. They are so unreliable and its not worth the effort to put them out. Have had good luck with Bushnell also but I know a few people that have had problems with them its really hit or miss like you said but have nothing but good things to say about covert cams.

John

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”