climbing with safety tie off on sticks??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

Re: climbing with safety tie off on sticks??

Unread postby kurt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm

I need to start using a lineman's belt

binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:38 am

mbucks27 wrote:I use the lineman's belt on the way up. I find it much easier being able to use both hands. I also connect my first stick at ground level and then connect my second stick and then put on the lineman's belt. I also put a stick on each side of my harness using the lineman's loops and my stand on my back so its one trip up to setup the stand. Seemed to work out pretty good.

John

This is exactly how I climb- the paracord loops are great.

In addition, I think I am going to experiment with a small paracord loop attached to the batwing where it attaches to the stand. I am going to use one strap with the EZ hang hook and hang the stand from the paracord loop. That will free up both hands to set the stand using the other strap and the top versa button. I will then take the EZ hang off and hunt. I have not tried it yet but in my head it sounds good and beats hanging the stand with one hand.
ajack

Unread postby ajack » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:47 am

binney59 wrote:This is exactly how I climb- the paracord loops are great.

In addition, I think I am going to experiment with a small paracord loop attached to the batwing where it attaches to the stand. I am going to use one strap with the EZ hang hook and hang the stand from the paracord loop. That will free up both hands to set the stand using the other strap and the top versa button. I will then take the EZ hang off and hunt. I have not tried it yet but in my head it sounds good and beats hanging the stand with one hand.

If you can screw stuff into trees in your area - you can use one of those small bow holder hooks instead of the EZ strap. Either would do, the screw hook seems simpler and easier to tote in a pocket.
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:55 am

Thats a good idea. Most spots I hunt allow a screw in and that would be even easier. Thanks!
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 am

[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHkbZrw4aw[/bbvideo]

Here's a way you can do it. Pretty easy to do. Takes a little longer to climb, but you have to balance that with the extra safety.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:27 am

This is how I climb.
bowhunter15 wrote:[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHkbZrw4aw[/bbvideo]

Here's a way you can do it. Pretty easy to do. Takes a little longer to climb, but you have to balance that with the extra safety.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:28 am

This is how I climb.
bowhunter15 wrote:[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHkbZrw4aw[/bbvideo]

[ Post made via Android ] Image
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:27 am

Dewey wrote:I use a Hunter Safety System harness with a lineman belt and am connected to the tree from the ground to my stand and back to the ground again. As a bonus it makes it so much easier to hang sticks and your stand. Just relax back into the lineman belt while doing all of the work hands free. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

If you encounter branches on the way up or down you can use another strap or I use a prussic knot rope with a carabiner. Just hook above the branch and then remove the strap under. That way your always connected to the tree.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Me To. The 3 point system makes me nervous. I tried it a couple of times but found using a linemans built much easier.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”