Finally something official comes from Marc Anthony.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Finally something official comes from Marc Anthony.

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue May 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Fine, just for those soft and fuzzy types, 'publicly humiliated'. :snooty:

:lol:

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue May 06, 2014 1:38 pm

I think if these accusations are true then he should be shunned by the hunting community but I would never go beyond that and wish any harm to come to him in any way.

It's actually pretty sad if you think about it that a guy would go so far to be accepted in the hunting industry. I have said it before and I'll say it again that mixing hunting and money is a bad thing. He wouldn't be the first and won't be the last that will have his judgement clouded by the almighty dollar.

This all really saddens me because I trusted him and believed in his tactics. Even if he is innocent his word is still tainted and very hard to believe. You just never really know who you can trust anymore.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Tue May 06, 2014 1:41 pm

I believe the suit and some other stuff as far as hunting deer from the ground are legit and it can be done on good bucks. I have had some tremendous hunts from the ground.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm

keb wrote:I believe the suit and some other stuff as far as hunting deer from the ground are legit and it can be done on good bucks. I have had some tremendous hunts from the ground.

I agree
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue May 06, 2014 2:45 pm

My only success killing a mature buck on the ground is during the rut. I've killed one from the ground, but have failed on several. I doubt I'll ever have that much success during the early season. I've tried...too much scent pooling.

I never trusted his statements to begin with. This validates my assumptions.

I still try to kill them ground level. No doubt, sometimes that is the only option.
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Stanley's got it right about the "con man". They always provide too much information, irrelevant information. Always working to steer you off their trail, they're always covering their tracks. This notion of withdrawing from the industry to protect others, feigning concern for others, asking you to ignore the unwillingness to simply prove the truth. Non denial, denials. It's such an indicative characteristic of how they operate.

Emerson said: "What you are shouts so loudly in my ear I can't hear what you say."

It doesn't matter if a statement is true or even if all the individual statements are true if the whole thing is a lie.

It's that today integrity doesn't seem to matter, that's what has been lost and that's how many wind up, one rationalization at a time, way down a wrong path.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 pm

One lie can ruin one thousand truths
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
365buckin

Unread postby 365buckin » Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 pm

I went to the carbonsynergy booth and spoke with Marc for quite sometime at Oshkosh Deerfest last year. One of my questions was how do you find such great land to hunt these big bucks? He talked about his LEASES. At the seminar in Madison this year, he spoke of hunting public land. This threw me off because he never once spoke of any land he hunted being public last year at Deerfest. I dismissed it as him loosing a lease and being forced to hunt public, but now Im really wondering? Was he lying about hunting public? Who knows? I've only talked to him twice and noticed some things that raised my eyebrows. Wonder what the people from his home town would say about him?
Be in the woods as often as you can....and as long as you can!
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Wed May 07, 2014 2:47 pm

nater wrote:“I am a by-the-book hunter. I don’t cheat. I am not a poacher. I have done nothing illegal.”

Could be true, but that wouldn't rule out legally buying a dead head, restaining the antlers, and putting a cape over it like you killed it...

This is exactly what I thought when I read it... definitely a politicians answer...

Sure would expect more of a stand from someone who didn't fake it... sounds like he's busted and knows they have too much proof and is just sliding out

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Make It Happen
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu May 08, 2014 2:07 am

Dewey wrote:
keb wrote:I believe the suit and some other stuff as far as hunting deer from the ground are legit and it can be done on good bucks. I have had some tremendous hunts from the ground.

I agree

That is for sure. I killed my biggest bow buck - 160 class - at 12 yards from a natural blind. My younger brother killed his biggest bow buck from a natural blind too. Those are not the only two either. Hopefully ground hunting in general doesn't get lumped in with Marc.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:06 pm

For real? What kind of time would a guy have to even think this stuff up... Much less do it?

backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun May 11, 2014 3:07 am

HoosierG5 wrote:For real? What kind of time would a guy have to even think this stuff up... Much less do it?

A guy that is very desperate in keeping up a rock start status inside the hunting industry.
Tapeworm

Unread postby Tapeworm » Sun May 11, 2014 3:17 am

I with Backstraps. Someone with a big ego will go to extraordinary lengths to maintain appearances.
backstraps wrote:
HoosierG5 wrote:For real? What kind of time would a guy have to even think this stuff up... Much less do it?

A guy that is very desperate in keeping up a rock start status inside the hunting industry.

Tapeworm

Unread postby Tapeworm » Sun May 11, 2014 3:18 am

Oops, that was "agree" with Backstraps in above reply.

HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:19 am

You know, I really think I would hate hunting if it was my livelihood. I spend so much time doing it as it is just because I love it, but it's my "get a way" from the world. I get upset and frustrated at trespassers and uncontrollable situations, but I could see folks getting desperate if it was their "life" and means.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”