PA Trespassers

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

PA Trespassers

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:16 am

I feel this guy's pain. I've dealt with this in the past on a lease. There is entertainment value in the video.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/media ... ake-claims

[ Post made via Android ] Image

BigHunt

Re: PA Trespassers

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 am

Seen this on fb.....I would been more mean...... :twisted:

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 am

This one is good too. :lol:

[bbvideo=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5NaZvLRFKo[/bbvideo]
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:39 am

at least it looked like they were wearing their back tag. lol.. seriously, this is terrible and just shows how hunters are shooting themselves in the foot. it's also another reason I won't lease land. I wouldn't spend the money unless I was buying it and I owned it outright. then I can play sheriff.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 am

I can honestly say that in NH we do not run into this very often, however all land is open to hunt UNLESS it's "officially" posted.
It's common courtesy to ask for permission but most do not.

A land owner can ask you to leave and call the police and/or game warden to make it known they do not want you on their property and the 2nd offense is a trespassing ticket (not sure what that fee is)...

Too bad a few bad apples ruin it for the rest!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:47 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:at least it looked like they were wearing their back tag. lol.. seriously, this is terrible and just shows how hunters are shooting themselves in the foot. it's also another reason I won't lease land. I wouldn't spend the money unless I was buying it and I owned it outright. then I can play sheriff.

I've had to play sheriff on land I own too. Same excuses...I got permission from (enter last owners name)...I thought (other person's name) owned this.

south

Unread postby south » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 am

Shooting the pistol on his land...not much you can do about that, but walking the property line blowing an air horn is hunter harrassment. I had a woman that would walk the property line beating pans together, it took a couple trips from the game warden, but she finally got the message.

A Pennsylvania bill would increase penalties for animal extremists convicted of harassing sportsmen in the field.

Pennsylvania HB 213, introduced by Rep. Robert Godshall, R-Hatfield, would strengthen the state’s hunter harassment law by making the intimidation, coercion, or obstruction of an individual lawfully participating in a hunting activity an act of eco-terrorism. As a result, the penalties for such actions could be more severe.

The bill had overwhelming support and passed the House of Representatives. It was endorsed by the Senate Judiciary Committee and recently passed the Senate Committee on Appropriations Feb. 13. House Bill 213 now awaits a senate floor vote.

Take Action! Pennsylvania sportsmen should contact their state senators and ask them to support HB 213. Encourage them to support the bill to increase penalties for hunter harassment. Contact senators by calling (717) 787-5920 or use the Legislative Action Center at http://www.ussportsmen.org.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:46 am

:shock: Wow, to be honest, if I could not get away from that kind of stuff I wouldn't hunt.

Around here you catch someone trespassing on your land or doing anything illegal like that you call the DNR or sheriff and they get a ticket its pretty straight forward. I am of the opinion that yelling at a guy does nothing to him and generally just gets you all worked up, there's no point...there are many other means of showing them the error of their ways. Be creative :D
DeepSouthHunter

Unread postby DeepSouthHunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 am

This is why I just stick to public land. Sure it might make me a little perturbed when someone walks in on the area I'm hunting but at least I know that idiot has the same right to be there as I do. :lol:
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am

DeepSouthHunter wrote:This is why I just stick to public land. Sure it might make me a little perturbed when someone walks in on the area I'm hunting but at least I know that idiot has the same right to be there as I do. :lol:

Yep. Seems like I hunt less private every year. I'm getting close to 85% public.

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:41 am

Wow i got fired up just watching this. Dont know how he kept his cool.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am

After what happened up in NW WI with Chai Vang it sure would make you nervous about confronting a trespasser. Never know what type of person you are dealing with!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_Vang

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 am

Would most definitely be aggravated about that. Would not put up with it year after year. I'd be taking my time to search for new ground

HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:44 am

I dont agree with him on some points...For example, Id never confront someone drinking and carrying a gun. Outside of that...holy cow. I will stop complaining about my 2-3 encounters a year with these types of folks!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:55 am

Solution is simple... you call the sherrif the instant you see someone you don't recognize. They show up, trespasser get $300-400 fine and they don't come back! Trying to play sheriff on your own is a sure way to get punched in the mouth or worse yet shot/killed. If you are leasing the property, especially in your 15th year, you and the landowner should be on a first name or good buddy basis. So if you need his or her permission to prosecute, you pull out your lease agreement, get the landowner on the line and have him tell the sheriff to prosecute for trespassing. Did it this year to some shed poacher... lets say $400 each and I doubt they are coming back anytime soon!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”