PA Trespassers

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Re: PA Trespassers

Unread postby Brad » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:02 pm

I wonder how true these videos are, most people would be getting the law involved if this happens every year like he claims. If true he needs to step up his actions so they know better than to come back. They get a couple 500 dollar tickets they probably won't be back, especially when he has them on film. Its sad but some people have no hesitations trespassing.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Brad, some areas it just isn't that easy. It fought to get anyone busted for trespassing in some parts of Illinois. Either they are gone too fast or no one shows up in time to ticket them. I will say, getting them on video and license plates are the way to go. Even if they didn't get ticketed I would have that posted on every internet forum around to get the word out that they are trespassers. I feel bad for the person that trespasses where I hunt and they get caught. They would have two guys over 6'7" that could catch them in a footrace coming at them like spider monkeys! (Sorry for the Ricky Bobby quote, trespassers get me fired up!) . We actually have more problems with Shed and mushroom hunters than with actual hunters.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Bucky wrote:Solution is simple... you call the sherrif the instant you see someone you don't recognize. They show up, trespasser get $300-400 fine and they don't come back! Trying to play sheriff on your own is a sure way to get punched in the mouth or worse yet shot/killed. If you are leasing the property, especially in your 15th year, you and the landowner should be on a first name or good buddy basis. So if you need his or her permission to prosecute, you pull out your lease agreement, get the landowner on the line and have him tell the sheriff to prosecute for trespassing. Did it this year to some shed poacher... lets say $400 each and I doubt they are coming back anytime soon!

Very nice! i was shed hunting on a small private land area I have permission too. This was back when we had snow on the ground. Noticed someone's tracks in the field. I followed them and was able to see where they enter the property from. I was very aggravated and wish I would have caught them cause that is exactly what I would have done.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Bigb wrote:Brad, some areas it just isn't that easy. It fought to get anyone busted for trespassing in some parts of Illinois. Either they are gone too fast or no one shows up in time to ticket them. I will say, getting them on video and license plates are the way to go. Even if they didn't get ticketed I would have that posted on every internet forum around to get the word out that they are trespassers. I feel bad for the person that trespasses where I hunt and they get caught. They would have two guys over 6'7" that could catch them in a footrace coming at them like spider monkeys! (Sorry for the Ricky Bobby quote, trespassers get me fired up!) . [glow=red]We actually have more problems with Shed and mushroom hunters than with actual hunters.[/glow]

Same here. Most of my issues are shed, mushroom, coyote, and bear hunters. Also deal with guys sneaking in to fish my pond. I've never dealt with a repeat offender (that I know of or have caught). Only issue I have during deer season are the guys that drive my land during the rifle season or are poaching after dark. I've since started hanging blaze orange scarecrows in the trees during the rifle season when I'm away. I haven't had an issue with drivers since....
djw5250

Unread postby djw5250 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Around here in northeast, PA its just too hard to get someone caught while they are trespassing. There are only one or two game wardens covering Bradford, Tioga, and Sullivan county full time the last I knew and most of the time there covering the large tracks of game lands looking for violators the first few days of rifle season. There are state police offices in each county but the truth of the matter is they're too busy busting bath salts, heroine, and meth to deal with trespassers unless its in a convenient location. Even more frustrating is the influx of people trespassing that are here working in the natural gas fields. Poaching has become a huge problem! Just this past fall they caught a local guy just over the hill from where I live who was jack lighting deer at 2 am the game commission had a plane in the air that was relaying to the field officers. Once they cornered the vehicle the guy turned his truck around and rammed the game officers SUV head on! Lucky no one was seriously injured, how I'm still am not sure.

Here's the link to the image of the officers vehicle

http://wnep.com/2013/11/06/man-jailed-after-chase-crash-with-game-commission-officers/
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm

I live about 3 hours from where I hunt and my buddy that lives in the area lives about 10 minutes from there. I think we are lucky because half of the land is on a dead end road that only two neighbors live on the end of and one hunts and we get a long with great. The other 1/2 the neighbor drives along to get to his house. He always has an eye on our land checking for anything out of the ordinary. He doesn't trust anyone but gets along with all the neighbors. I felt honored when we were talking last time I was there scouting and he said, "I don't trust anyone except (the guy I hunt with) and now I trust you." It was a pretty good thing to hear when 4 years ago I was just a random guy from Chicago. I think the main thing with trespassers is to have neighbors you get along with and work together to keep people off your land. Our neighbors know if they need anything, especially help to drag out a deer, that they can text me and we'll be there.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 am

hope to never have those kind of interactions while hunting- really would sour the day!

I have had people walk within 30 yards of my tree stand and then do the ugh oh hey sorry didnt see ya...guess I have been pretty lucky!
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”