Marking beds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SaddleMaster

Marking beds

Unread postby SaddleMaster » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 am

During the workshop on the farm Dan showed us where he had a buck bed marked with a can so he could observe the bed from a distance with binoculars. I wanted to see if anybody did anything similar on public land and what they used to mark the bed. I was thinking about taking the climbing sticks and putting orange tape about 10 feet up. That way in the hills it would be easier to see from the next ridge over. Is orange tape to obvious? Any better ideas?

semperfidelis

Re: Marking beds

Unread postby semperfidelis » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 am

Be careful in your marking method. Surely u will highlight this location to others also.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am

I try to use subtle markers like a natural tree thats shped odd, or the highest tree, 0r a nearby rock, but I have used orange tape too where I thought it would not attract attention.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:24 am

If you have a glassing spot you can always mark something closer to your glassing location to at least give you a reference point. Like maybe tying marking tape at a field edge in line with the bed and your lookout. Could be quite a ways from the bed.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”