Proposed, No deer hunting for 5 years?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

solocam88
500 Club

Re: Proposed, No deer hunting for 5 years?

Unread postby solocam88 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:20 am

Bucky wrote:I will say after walking a bunch all over WI this spring... the DNR better hit the brakes on the doe harvest in many areas of WI. Populations are the lowest I have seen in the past 7+ years in many areas... with a tough winter... :think:

The DNR doesnt make hunters pull the trigger. Thats the sad thing.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:29 am

solocam88 wrote:
Bucky wrote:I will say after walking a bunch all over WI this spring... the DNR better hit the brakes on the doe harvest in many areas of WI. Populations are the lowest I have seen in the past 7+ years in many areas... with a tough winter... :think:

True - but it is there job to do what is necessary to protect what is left. WI is going down a road MN did a couple decades ago with the doe harvest and the hunting in MN never recovered
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:48 am

It's funny how everybody is all for smokin does off during the season and they get all excited about how many they can stack up. Then at the end of the year they get worried about how the population is gonna be for next year. Then they look to blame it on the DNR. The DNR is not going to fix the issues they have proven that, it's up to the hunters to practice conservation.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:59 am

solocam88 wrote:It's funny how everybody is all for smokin does off during the season and they get all excited about how many they can stack up. Then at the end of the year they get worried about how the population is gonna be for next year. Then they look to blame it on the DNR. The DNR is not going to fix the issues they have proven that, it's up to the hunters to practice conservation.

I agree, way too many hunters out there that will shoot doe after doe, just because they can.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:09 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
solocam88 wrote:It's funny how everybody is all for smokin does off during the season and they get all excited about how many they can stack up. Then at the end of the year they get worried about how the population is gonna be for next year. Then they look to blame it on the DNR. The DNR is not going to fix the issues they have proven that, it's up to the hunters to practice conservation.

I agree, way too many hunters out there that will shoot doe after doe, just because they can.

Yup. I know a guy that killed 20 deer a few years back and is now mad at the DNR because there are no deer around. :roll:

PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 am

solocam88 wrote:

Come on now. That is like dangling a steak in front of a lion. Deer hunters are in the woods to kill deer.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm

I probably appear to shoot too many does.... but Im hunting in higher deer densities than most. I do help out on some larger properties that are permanently damaged from over browse - when I say large Im talking 1000+ acres co-ops with limited hunting access. I do also hunt public and some areas in the CWD zone... I even dabbled up North one fall. Ur right though.... I need to back off on the doe slaughter myself.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Bucky wrote:I probably appear to shoot too many does.... but Im hunting in higher deer densities than most. [glow=red]I do help out on some larger properties that are permanently damaged from over browse - when I say large Im talking 1000+ acres co-ops with limited hunting access.[/glow]I do also hunt public and some areas in the CWD zone... I even dabbled up North one fall. Ur right though.... I need to back off on the doe slaughter myself.

I disagree. When I read statements like the above, I believe you should shoot MORE!
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 pm

That was the first text I got this morning. Unfortunately I had April fools texts saved in my drafts last night so as soon as I got it, I knew it had to be an April Fools joke! since I was sending some texts out when I got it.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:21 pm

What deer? :think:

:P
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Hadrme nervous ha

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”