Marc Anthony is doing seminars at WI Deer&Turkey Expo

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ozzz

Re: Marc Anthony is doing seminars at WI Deer&Turkey Expo

Unread postby ozzz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 am

Singing Bridge wrote:This thread has me flashing back to a fast food Mexican restaurant I was eating at the other day. While sitting at a table, a guy walked in that was about 6'2" and stood facing the rest of us. He was wearing a full Ghillie suit from head to toe, with a face screen pulled down and everything.

It was interesting in that my first thought was "Is this guy holding a weapon or about to be?" I'm not sure why, but my instinct was to prepare to defend myself. When he turned and got into the line at the counter, I relaxed a bit. After getting his food, he sat down with his hood off and I could see a Scentlok tshirt underneath. When I walked out and went by the guy I could see that he was in his early twenties. I said, "nice ghillie" as I passed by.

Sorry, I think of ghillie suits when I hear the name Marc Anthony. :lol:

Why the heck would he wear one into a restaurant.

If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Chris Conroy
500 Club

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 am

I'm going to the 1230 one on Saturday

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:00 am

Save me and dad a chair we will be there too!
Chris Conroy wrote:I'm going to the 1230 one on Saturday

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 am

ozzz wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:This thread has me flashing back to a fast food Mexican restaurant I was eating at the other day. While sitting at a table, a guy walked in that was about 6'2" and stood facing the rest of us. He was wearing a full Ghillie suit from head to toe, with a face screen pulled down and everything.

It was interesting in that my first thought was "Is this guy holding a weapon or about to be?" I'm not sure why, but my instinct was to prepare to defend myself. When he turned and got into the line at the counter, I relaxed a bit. After getting his food, he sat down with his hood off and I could see a Scentlok tshirt underneath. When I walked out and went by the guy I could see that he was in his early twenties. I said, "nice ghillie" as I passed by.

Sorry, I think of ghillie suits when I hear the name Marc Anthony. :lol:

Why the heck would he wear one into a restaurant.

I have no idea. My first thought was "just a stupid kid." Then I remembered that Dunhams sports had Ghillie's on sale a very short drive away, they were in mesh carry bags... so my thought became "just a stupid kid with something he found on sale."
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:19 am

I think youre thinking of bob mercier.

Chris Conroy
500 Club

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am

Brad wrote:Save me and dad a chair we will be there too!
Chris Conroy wrote:I'm going to the 1230 one on Saturday

[ Post made via Android ] [img]http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/images/mobile/Android.png[/imog]

I'll see you at the booth before I'm sure. My kids like Byron Ferguson so we'll watch him at 11

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:21 am

This was a pretty decent seminar. Marc is an awesome hunter. There was a lot of time spent talking about carbon scent elimination which i did not enjoy but i blame that more on the people in the room asking him questions about it than anything else. I couldn't believein the Q&A ssession hardly anyone had any tactical questions but there were about 20 questions about carbon scent elimination lol!

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:39 am

hunter_mike wrote:This was a pretty decent seminar. Marc is an awesome hunter. There was a lot of time spent talking about carbon scent elimination which i did not enjoy but i blame that more on the people in the room asking him questions about it than anything else. I couldn't believein the Q&A ssession hardly anyone had any tactical questions but there were about 20 questions about carbon scent elimination lol!

Sounds like pretty much the same as on Friday. He really does push the Carbon Synergy stuff a bit too much. I was hoping to get much more out of the seminar but if you follow Marc on his website there wasn't really anything new to be gained.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 am

I will have to go to his website. I would like to learn more about his trail cam tactics.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 am

hunter_mike wrote:I will have to go to his website. I would like to learn more about his trail cam tactics.

Here is the link to his website in case you don't have it.

http://nontypicalhunter.com/

Trail cam tactics.

http://nontypicalhunter.com/2011/07/15/ ... correctly/
Chris Conroy
500 Club

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:58 am

I liked his seminar too. The carbon talk was a bit much, although he did say that the carbon suits were a waste because they couldn't be re-activated in a normal dryer. He was talking about the bottle of carbon and the masks quite a bit. I wasn't sold on his cam idea of moving the cam closer to the bedding areas every 3 weeks. I do however think you could blend beast tactics with his methods of hunting and be pretty successful. He seemed like a pretty decent guy too.

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 am

Chris Conroy wrote:I liked his seminar too. The carbon talk was a bit much, although he did say that the carbon suits were a waste because they couldn't be re-activated in a normal dryer. He was talking about the bottle of carbon and the masks quite a bit. I wasn't sold on his cam idea of moving the cam closer to the bedding areas every 3 weeks. I do however think you could blend beast tactics with his methods of hunting and be pretty successful. He seemed like a pretty decent guy too.

People are so misled on the whole carbon theories. Mark is right, those carbon lined suits are a waste. Carbon loses it's magical powers roughly after 26 days when exposed to the elements, but only if the suit was enclosed in an airtight package straight out of the factory and not opened until it's use. "Reactivating" the carbon is also impossible.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 am

This is what I can gather after talking to him for a hour in person and using his ghillie suit for about 25 to 30 days this past fall. I did not buy into the carbon deal. Just the suit, it flat out works no question about it. You can get away with murder in it, I had so many close encounters it was hard to believe in spots I would have not hunted or been able to hunt it without the suit.

1) he lives in Illinois
2) does allot of scouting
3) hunts public and permission private

With that suit and being on the ground he is able to hunt places and get in more spots tighter with bigger deer, and the main reason I think he seals the deal almost everytime is your shot angles from the ground at close range say under 30 yards it's way better than tree stands.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 am

Never heard anything negative about him before. I use to talk with him regularly on another forum before his blog took off. Guy would take time to really answer questions (a lot like Dan).

He seemed like A+ hunter and human being to me!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Dewey wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:I will have to go to his website. I would like to learn more about his trail cam tactics.

Here is the link to his website in case you don't have it.

http://nontypicalhunter.com/

Trail cam tactics.

http://nontypicalhunter.com/2011/07/15/ ... correctly/

Thanks Dewey. I read the article on trail cams. The tactics seem to go against most of what I read here on the beast. Seems like it would be counter productive. Yet Marc's success speaks for itself. I might be willing to experiment with it in some areas that I would like to hunt in the future but probably won't have time to scout this spring.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”