So - how do you use the "Hunting Beast" System...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Putt4Doe

So - how do you use the "Hunting Beast" System...

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:38 am

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and have done lots of reading, just not much posting.

I'm curious if there are any articles or stickeys that someone can link me to that explain the "Hunting Beast" system.

I'm looking for information that explains how to hunt bedding areas, or how to hunt close to them. Also something that explains deer movement to and from bedding areas at a certain time of the day, or how to choose stand locations for certain times of day, and how to effectively scout everything out. Kinda a Cliffs notes version if you will of how to hunt using the Deer Serial Killer method, and how to figure out deer movement and how to choose stand locations.

Thanks!

whitetailassasin

Re: So - how do you use the "Hunting Beast" System...

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:40 am

Have to get the DVDs Dan has made available for purchase. Amazing info.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:40 am

Have to get the DVDs Dan has made available for purchase. Amazing info.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:45 am

A basic message from this site is...
Find where they are in daylight then use any advantage to be in killing range.
Beds, thermals, and all the rest is the HOW.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:54 am

I have two DVD's that go into great depth about how the tactics work... One is called "Hunting Marsh bucks" the other is "Hill country bucks" They should be watched in that order... They are inexpensive and available in the beast store on this site... Please buy them here from the site and not elsewhere.
Not trying to make a sale, just telling you that it will take you two years of asking questions to get the answers you will get in 6 hours of watching the DVD's

shop/category.php?id_category=8
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:10 am

dan wrote:I have two DVD's that go into great depth about how the tactics work... One is called "Hunting Marsh bucks" the other is "Hill country bucks" They should be watched in that order... They are inexpensive and available in the beast store on this site... Please buy them here from the site and not elsewhere.
Not trying to make a sale, just telling you that it will take you two years of asking questions to get the answers you will get in 6 hours of watching the DVD's

I was in your shoes like 3 months ago, and I took this same advice from Dan then...and it will be the best $$$ you have spent on deer hunting if you are serious...
Putt4Doe

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 pm

dan wrote:I have two DVD's that go into great depth about how the tactics work... One is called "Hunting Marsh bucks" the other is "Hill country bucks" They should be watched in that order... They are inexpensive and available in the beast store on this site... Please buy them here from the site and not elsewhere.

Thanks for the information. I just bought both DVDs you recommended and the extreme whitetail tactics one also. Looking forward to sitting down and watching them and getting all the info.

Thanks for the help!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:32 pm

I would say search archives for topics...you will find many threads covering bedding and wind which are two major facets of the Beast style

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Putt4Doe wrote:

Thanks for the information. I just bought both DVDs you recommended and the extreme whitetail tactics one also. Looking forward to sitting down and watching them and getting all the info.

Thanks for the help!

You won't be disappointed and this is the perfect time of year to get those DVDs!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Putt4Doe wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Thanks. After you watch them let us know what you think.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 am

The DVDs are the starting point, for the BEAST system, as well as hanging out here and studying.

Clearly scouting is the key, as is a ton of hard work. Most on here know how to kill a deer, the BEAST system points us to where to be. I was going to state that the BEAST system isn't as much about scouting and finding deer as it is mature bucks, as that is dans focus. But before I typed it out I started thinking the methods could be applied to deer hunting as well as mature buck hunting. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 am

Putt4Doe wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Best money I've ever spent on deer hunting. Those dvds are loaded with information so be prepared to watch them more than once cause it's a lot to take in the first time.

Muy Grande
Location: Alabama; chase whitetails in Tennessee and Kentucky

Unread postby Muy Grande » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:32 am

basspro05 wrote:

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/shop/cat ... category=8

I was in your shoes like 3 months ago, and I took this same advice from Dan then...and it will be the best $$$ you have spent on deer hunting if you are serious...

X2!!!!!!!
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Putt4Doe wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Enjoy them good investment. Mapping Trophey Bucks byBrad Herndon is a good book helping read topo maps too.
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm

i second the mapping trophy bucks....really affirms info on this site and has great hunting examples with big illustrations ...good saddle, topo use, and general hunting info (books are no longer being sold by publisher so I would buy them sooner than later since they just stopped being printed- heard that from the author a few months ago)
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”