Dilemma about a find on private land

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Re: Dilemma about a find on private land

Unread postby Spysar » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:11 pm

HoosierG5 wrote:"Please dont" what? A feeder was found empty. Am I missing something here?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I guess your a little slow. "Please don't" ---The "use an illegal feeder here" part is implied......Also the feeder was found empty, most likely because it is used in deer season, and since deer season is long over with, the feeder is empty. Get it now?

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:52 pm

Spysar wrote:
HoosierG5 wrote:"Please dont" what? A feeder was found empty. Am I missing something here?

I guess your a little slow. "Please don't" ---The "use an illegal feeder here" part is implied......Also the feeder was found empty, most likely because it is used in deer season, and since deer season is long over with, the feeder is empty. Get it now?

He is assuming(GUESSING) that the feeders are being used illegally he has no proof. You know what they say when you assume things.Its no different than finding old tree stands on a new lease and assuming someone is going to trespass.
cdeam

Unread postby cdeam » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 am

The fact that he doesn't know when it's actively baited does indicate it may be legal. Any way to contact the guy who hunts there? I hunt a property where the landowner lets several people hunt and plenty of trespassers move through. So in my situation reporting the bait is just easier. Let the CO sort it out

keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:05 am

Put a note on it, if it does not disappear than I would not hunt there, even if it does disappear they will likely just move it, not worth the hassle or legal ramifications if something happens, you will be found quilty by association.

No deer is worth your morals.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:06 am

I would make an anonymous call and find a new place to hunt.

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:45 am

Bucky said it best, in my opinion.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 am

Didn't Andrea get wrapped up in a mess from some guys putting out mineral he had no knowledge about, cost him time and money to clear his name. It maybe legal but highly unlikely, I found a awesome, I mean awesome spot in a state where it's legal to bait, but not on public land guys were baiting I reported it and moved way on down the road.

I could have hunted the fringes, but unless I was going to video tape my ever step and hunt, who was a jury or a judge gonna side with, not me. Since I knew about it, I really had no choice but to do the right thing, made an call did what I was supposed to do.

I mean if you pack bait into an illegal area, you have all that time to think about how wrong it is, what's that say about that person.

the g1

Unread postby the g1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:34 am

Why not wait and see if it gets used? If it gets used talk to the guy about it, solve the problem, and go on hunting. Everyone makes mistakes and bad judgment calls. No need to involve anyone else yet.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:36 am

Sorry. Not slow. Trying to prove the other side here. I guess there are those who hope for the best in people and those who think everyone is guilty.

keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 am

It's like having a crack pipe with no crack that makes it ok, if you hang around a barber shop you will eventually get you hair cut, do the right thing if it's being used, you will be rewarded for living right.

the g1

Unread postby the g1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:45 am

Rewarded for living right? I knew I should have reported every game violation I have ever seen. I know of a a couple dozen stands without names still hanging on public land. The CO in my area is going to have a busy day. Heaven here I come " god be like, free pass".
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:49 am

No one mentioned religion. So there allot to be said about living right, integrity honor ect. Reporting violations and hunting in the immediate area are 2 different things.

keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 am

Do you call in ever speeder no, nobody does, do you follow the speeder get caught then blame him, you had a choice that situation. Hopefully it's not being used illegally.

goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:42 am

If I was the guy who was using the bait station and was abiding by all the regulations that come along with baiting and you told the landowner on me I would be questioning your motive for tattling on me.Living a good life,honor,etc.. and being rewarded works both ways....you need to know the truth before you accuse..
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 am

I get both sides, it's all speculating till one knows for sure, so in the original post all options have been covered , so if it's illegal he can have some options, if it's not he has potions. I would say location and the way it's set might make it easier to make an educated guess on it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”