Dilemma about a find on private land

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

Re: Dilemma about a find on private land

Unread postby Zap » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:23 pm

What feeder?

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
JohnnieU

Unread postby JohnnieU » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:24 am

I would ask the landowner if they know about it... as others have stated it might not be for deer hunting. I have learned never to tell a landowner what to do on their land, so I would ask if they know about it and if they don't I would let them know its illegal for deer hunting and that I didn't place it. After informing I would stay out of it and let the landowner handle it.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:15 am

I have a feeling if you brought with up with the landowner or called the CO, anybody that hunts this piece of land will be looking for a new place to hunt. If its illegal, the person who put it out probably isn't the most law abiding citizen and I would expect you might feel some repercussions with this via retaliation. Check it during the season, it probably isn't even being used. I honestly wouldn't even think about it now, the season is far off. The only thing I would do is maybe put a couple logs in there that way whoever bin it i knows that someone has found it but didn't do anything to it or try and turn him in. That might jut give them the hint.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”