Was there a doe season March 15 -16 in Wi

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Re: Was there a doe season March 15 -16 in Wi

Unread postby Brad » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 am

You do need to kill some does though in most places, when I see 3 or 4 groups of 8-10 does come through throughout the course of a day that's too many. In a perfect world I think 2 does to every buck will work best but if you have 10 bucks and 65 does there not gonna work to hard during the rut, plus that's a lot of mouths to feed. This is not the time of year to kill them though.
Stanley wrote:People get it in their head killing does is not hurting anything. Anytime you kill a doe you are killing a buck producer no matter what time of year. Does are the future of the deer herd whether you kill them early spring when heavy with fawn or in November before they have been bred, there is no difference.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 am

I wouldn't want to kill one this time of the year but from a herd reduction stand point I don't see how shooting them now is much different than shooting a doe in November or December? The fact that they are yarded up right now makes it easier to do so.

If I had a rat problem I would not care what time of the year I killed them and unfortunately that is how some people look at deer.
ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:03 pm

I saw a guy registering a deer in mid August. I asked the gas station chick and she said Ag, deer. Price co.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 pm

good old ag tags... Not a fan.
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:05 am

This is what happens when politicians set harvest numbers, they have other groups in their pockets that want the deer dead. They don't care what, when, or how, they just want them wiped out.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”