Michigan APR Survey results

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kenn1320
500 Club

Michigan APR Survey results

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 am

As some of you know Michigans hunting culter is changing and more hunters are wanting the opportunity to see/hunt older age class bucks. Leelenau county has led the way with APR's for 10yrs now. Recently 12 more counties that surround Leelenau implemented APR's. A group of dedicated sportsman representing private land as well as public land hunters from both the NLP(northern lower) and SLP (southern lower) formed lpdmi. They held public meetings across the state educating people on the apr proposals they were putting forth to the MDNR. The MDNR would conduct a survey to determine the level of support from hunters. The requirement was 66% or higher in favor to give their recommendation to the NRC. The NRC would evaluate it and determine if it would be made law or not. They don't always listen to the MDNR as evident by them bringing back baiting and inclusion of the crossbow. The survey results are in and it didn't meet the 66% requirement unfortunately. Here are the results.
62% nlp

55% SLP

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Michigan APR Survey results

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:57 am

What a shame, but not a surprise. I guess the so called meat hunters can continue to look forward to their tiny steaks and small boxes of meat they get back from the processor from the 90-95 lb bucks they shoot every year.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
mibowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mibowhunter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:32 pm

*sigh*..... like Deerslayer said, I'm bummed... but not surprised.
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Agreed, not to surprised. Give it some time, with the younger hunters this dynamic will change.

But I guess on a positive note, at least I won't have to waste valuable hunting time and buy a Michigan deer license. :lol:
Mibowhunter91

Unread postby Mibowhunter91 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:35 am

i was pretty bummed when I heard the news but at least it was fairly close things will change its bound to happen even in MI

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”