How serious do you take your bow shooting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

AntlerAddiction

Re: How serious do you take your bow shooting?

Unread postby AntlerAddiction » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:45 am

In the past, I always started shooting again a couple of months before the season and then sporadically throughout the season. This year is different. I am going to CO to bowhunt elk this september and I am taking my physical conditioning and my shooting extra serious.

I have committed myself to almost daily practice sessions. Even if it is just drawing back and letting down in the house a few times if it is blowing snow and cold.

Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Re: How serious do you take your bow shooting?

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:55 am

AntlerAddiction wrote:In the past, I always started shooting again a couple of months before the season and then sporadically throughout the season. This year is different. I am going to CO to bowhunt elk this september and I am taking my physical conditioning and my shooting extra serious.

I have committed myself to almost daily practice sessions. Even if it is just drawing back and letting down in the house a few times if it is blowing snow and cold.

Sounds good! I have hiked with a pack full of weights or used the high school bleachers with the weighted pack to condition for elk hunts. The stair machine at the gym my be evil sometimes, but highly worth it. Hiking in miserable weather is good too? It can be sunny and clear on those CO. Mountains, then 90 minutes later a nasty storm will roll in.
Try doing jumping jacks, jogging, push ups, etc then shoot the bow. Kinda like the biathletes do, get that heart rate up for the shot. Good luck 8-)
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”