Be Careful Hanging/Removing Stands...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

AntlerAddiction

Re: Be Careful Hanging/Removing Stands...

Unread postby AntlerAddiction » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:04 am

These types of posts are always real eye openers. Im going back to carrying 2 linemans belts because of this.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:13 am

I know of at least 3 different local guys that were air lifted because of falls from tree stands this year already. This is something that does not need to happen. A safety harness and lineman belt is a minor inconvenience when you look at the alternative.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:04 am

You can climb with out incident 300 times. It's that one time, you have a brain fart, and down you go.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:55 am

Stanley wrote:You can climb with out incident 300 times. It's that one time, you have a brain fart, and down you go.

I'm not a morning person at all so setting up in the dark is when I worry the most. Usually kinda tired and a little clumsy till my coffee kicks in. Safety is never more important then but is always on my mind. I learned to slow way down since just about every slip I had was when I was rushing to climb up or down.
tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:57 am

Bump

Laying on the ground this morning, the first thing that popped in my head after I reassured my daughter I was ok was Forret Gump , "Stupid is as stupid does."
So, I guess I will be the one to ring the bell one more time & remind everybody to be careful!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”