How many hours a week average??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: How many hours a week average??

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:37 am

Spysar wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Spysar wrote:Time is my number one weapon for killing bucks. I set myself up for at least four solid weeks of hunting.Dark till dark. I like to hunt hard from the last week in oct to around Thanksgiving time. That can be in three or four states, sometimes 5..... I always work hard for 10 months, but I need a month or two for myself.

Since daylight is about 10 hrs a day in hunting season, I put in 70 hrs a week. More if you count driving time.

How much time in the off season?

Not a whole lot. I'm into traveling to hunt. I drive 22 hours away from my house. I stay there for three, sometimes four weeks. The hunting pretty much sucks around here.

There isn't much time for hunting in NY before I leave. Just recently NY has an opening day of oct 1, before that it was around oct 15th. So, I work until the day I leave. When I get back to NY it's usually rifle season. Not much sense in trying to pattern a buck then.....I like to track when there's snow in NY or Mass.

I'd love to live where I hunt, and be able to scout year round. I could only imagine the bucks I would get....

I'd love to here your process for picking the properties you hunt...especially properties in the great plains.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Spysar wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Spysar wrote:Time is my number one weapon for killing bucks. I set myself up for at least four solid weeks of hunting.Dark till dark. I like to hunt hard from the last week in oct to around Thanksgiving time. That can be in three or four states, sometimes 5..... I always work hard for 10 months, but I need a month or two for myself.

Since daylight is about 10 hrs a day in hunting season, I put in 70 hrs a week. More if you count driving time.

Not a whole lot. I'm into traveling to hunt. I drive 22 hours away from my house. I stay there for three, sometimes four weeks. The hunting pretty much sucks around here.

There isn't much time for hunting in NY before I leave. Just recently NY has an opening day of oct 1, before that it was around oct 15th. So, I work until the day I leave. When I get back to NY it's usually rifle season. Not much sense in trying to pattern a buck then.....I like to track when there's snow in NY or Mass.

I'd love to live where I hunt, and be able to scout year round. I could only imagine the bucks I would get....

I'd love to here your process for picking the properties you hunt...especially properties in the great plains.

This thread might answer your question. :think:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7158&p=73710

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Dewey wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Spysar wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

This thread might answer your question. :think:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7158&p=73710

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Looks like the response I expected. Looks similar to my 'Midwest' grading system. I was wondering if it was different in the plain states. I have no experience.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:12 pm

i joined this forum 1 month before last season so I am just now realizing the importance of constant year round efforts
i spend 4 hours a week to deer season currently...it could be more but right now i am scouting deer and thinking gobblers ha
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”