For the new Beast members

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tadmdad
500 Club

For the new Beast members

Unread postby Tadmdad » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:40 am

First off welcome and if your a avid outdoorsman, you came to the right place. What many of us have realized here on the beast is that any topic can be openly discussed and everyone is encourage to add their thoughts on any issue. You will also find many good hunters from all over the country that use different approaches and tactics that we all can learn from one another, and we all share a passion to the sport. Also many of the question that you have being a new member have been discussed before, do some searching on the forum and you will find a wealth of information. And if you find old posts that interest you, or have questions about, certainly bring them back to the top.

JoeRE
500 Club

Re: For the new Beast members

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Tadmdad wrote:First off welcome and if your a avid outdoorsman, you came to the right place. What many of us have realized here on the beast is that any topic can be openly discussed and everyone is encourage to add their thoughts on any issue. You will also find many good hunters from all over the country that use different approaches and tactics that we all can learn from one another, and we all share a passion to the sport. Also many of the question that you have being a new member have been discussed before, do some searching on the forum and you will find a wealth of information. And if you find old posts that interest you, or have questions about, certainly bring them back to the top.

x2 Great advice guys. In the first 12 months I found this forum I read through all 200+ pages of threads in this Deer Hunting section (so probably a thousand or more pages of posts LOL)...I am still working through all the old threads in the scouting section and others. Tons of great ideas have been discussed and are buried way back there.
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:31 am

I agree. I was addicted... Now more like obsessed !!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
62kodiak
500 Club

Unread postby 62kodiak » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:36 am

JoeRE wrote:In the first 12 months I found this forum I read through all 200+ pages of threads in this Deer Hunting section (so probably a thousand or more pages of posts LOL)...I am still working through all the old threads in the scouting section and others. Tons of great ideas have been discussed and are buried way back there.

I hear you there JoeRE. I have been spending months going through the archives. Sure would take less time if the members here didn't have so many great things too say.
It's not the knowing that's difficult, but the doing.
cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 pm

HoosierG5 wrote:I agree. I was addicted... Now more like obsessed !!!

I hear ya. Went from a 3-4 month hobby to what is looking like a year long obsession. ;)
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
Muy Grande
Location: Alabama; chase whitetails in Tennessee and Kentucky

Unread postby Muy Grande » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Tadmdad wrote:First off welcome and if your a avid outdoorsman, you came to the right place. What many of us have realized here on the beast is that any topic can be openly discussed and everyone is encourage to add their thoughts on any issue. You will also find many good hunters from all over the country that use different approaches and tactics that we all can learn from one another, and we all share a passion to the sport. Also many of the question that you have being a new member have been discussed before, do some searching on the forum and you will find a wealth of information. And if you find old posts that interest you, or have questions about, certainly bring them back to the top.

Exactly the reason I came here. More real discussion about hunting and a lot less "clutter" than some other sites.
"When we can no longer draw bows, when sinew has shrunk and bone gone brittle, we will hunt in our dreams because hunting is part of our souls."
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 am

I have some more advice for anyone new to the site…

[glow=red]BUY A BIGGER FREEZER![/glow]

:dance:
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 am

62kodiak wrote:Sure would take less time if the members here didn't have so many great things too say.

Word! :lol:
Muy Grande
Location: Alabama; chase whitetails in Tennessee and Kentucky

Unread postby Muy Grande » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:01 pm

PalmettoKid wrote:I have some more advice for anyone new to the site…

I like the way you think!
"When we can no longer draw bows, when sinew has shrunk and bone gone brittle, we will hunt in our dreams because hunting is part of our souls."
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 pm

PalmettoKid wrote:I have some more advice for anyone new to the site…

haha! My wife and I were given a chest freezer last summer as a wedding gift because I mentioned I had plans on buying one sometime to fill with the deer I plan on killing during bow season in the years to come... So far, I have kept my word.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 pm

This truly is the best hunting site out there. Hunters great to newbies. Some serious slob slaying goes on at this site, not just dreams of catching up to one. Advice to all the newcomers, read, apply, watch your success soar!!

DeepSouthHunter

Unread postby DeepSouthHunter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 am

I'm mostly just a lurker here but I love this forum and hope to participate more in the future. I don't get to scout or hunt nearly as much as I'd like to due to family and work obligations so I'm trying to learn how to make my time in the woods as productive as possible and this is definitely the right place for that.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”