Through the eyes of a whitetail.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ghost Hunter

Through the eyes of a whitetail.

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:13 pm

You arrow the buck you have been hunting in your dreams. He wheels an runs out of sight. Your heart is racing as woods grow quiet. His where abouts are a mystery for the most part. You anxiously a wait the time to start tracking. You find your first drops of blood. You cautiously take up the trail an ease along with each step. They seem to lead you into there safe place they call home. You go past all sorts of rubs an heavy trails with lots of droppings an bedding areas. There is so much to learn in a short period of time. This is a place that you normally do not wish to tread. Those places just seem sacred during hunting season. You know the places I'm talking about too.

Its a wonderful feeling. Just sharing some thoughts from the past hunts.

I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
yungbuck
500 Club

Re: Through the eyes of a whitetail.

Unread postby yungbuck » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:27 pm

I experienced the almost eerie feeling of walking into the heart of my deer sanctuary and it was such a whirlwind of emotion tracking my first buck and simultaneously stepping foot in beds and trails that had not been crossed by a man in many years...Great post brought me right back to one of the best parts of deer hunting

[ Post made via Android ] Image
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
oldrank

Re: Through the eyes of a whitetail.

Unread postby oldrank » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:30 pm

I have been there.... nice mental painting

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”