Promoting a product you dont believe in for money

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Would you promote a product for $ you dont believe in?

Yes
16%
No
63%
Depends
21%

Total votes: 67
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Promoting a product you dont believe in for money

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 am

adrenalin wrote:What if you were sponsored buy Lone Wolf. They gave you all the free stands and sticks you wanted plus a check for $10,000. 5 years from now Muddy makes a 5lb cast platform stand quiter and better than Lone wolf. Would you give it all up because you now believe the muddy stand is actually better?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

There is a difference between taking a sponsorship with a product you like and want to use, even if there is other products that might be better, and taking something you don't believe in and promoting it...

I have a sponsorship with Huntmore chairs, and with HCO cameras... Do I think they are the absolute best for everyone? No. And you won't catch me lying about it.

The chairs are great... Do they fit everybodys need? No. Some guys like chairs that get lower to the ground and some people cost is a big factor, and really, I have not looked at the competition very closely to make a comparison. I like the chairs, and they do the job I need them to do... Not misleading anyone...

I love the black flash cameras and the Panda texting camera. Are they the best or cheapest? I really don't know. But they work awesome for me. Some of the other cameras they sent me? Not so much and you won't hear me promoting the ones that did not function well for the price...

The fact is, I personally would not promote something I would not use or did not care for... Maybe Im the odd ball, but you guys are like friends and family to me... Would you sell your brother an acorn cruncher?

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 pm

adrenalin wrote:So what about car dealers, boat dealers, rv dealers, motorcyle dealers, tire dealers, or any industry that sells a product for that matter. Can everyone honestly say the product they sell is the best out there? And would you quit your current job when another conpany comed out with a better product than your companies because you wont promote a product that you dont believe in? I doubt a lot of people would turn down a good paying job with finacial security just because they dont want to promote a product they dont 100% believe in. If Dodge offered you $50,000 to drive their truck on a hunting show How many guys are going to say "Na, no thanks Id rather buy my own Ford. If a sponsor had a check book in their hands I bet a lot of peoples answers would change. Most people might not do it for a few hundred or even a thousand bucks but if we are talking 10s of thousands I bet people would jump at it.

These guys are dealers and salesman that are clearly hired to specifically sell that product and walk you through the pro's and con's of each model. Not celebrities that are looked up to and expected to have the ability to try and use the best out there because their livelihood depends on using the best. Big difference. The problem comes when you LIE about the product.

I can promote some products that are not the best without lying about them. When I bought my Darton Lightning many years ago I would have been willing to promote it as the best there is. But when I bought the Martin Cheetah I have right now I would not have been willing to say the same thing because I know it was not the best out there. However, I still could have promoted it by saying it was the best Value out there out there at the time. Which is why I bought it. No need to lie and if I was a celebrity I would have sold many Martin bows by putting it that way. You can always find something positive to say about a quality product without lying and if your not good enough to do that then you need to find a job you are qualified to do because that's not it. If you can't find a company that will let you do it honestly than you need to have enough character and integrity to walk and find another profession IMHO. Just because you want to do it doesn't mean you should get to do it by lying. That is kind of like the liberals that say there are no winners or losers and everybody has to get a trophy because they want to have fun playing the game. Selling out and lying about products should not be considered OK any more than "Winning" a trophy because you came in last place out of a thousand people should be a "right". If somebody keeps coming in last place by playing honest then they need to understand that it's not their thing no matter how bad they want it to be. The same goes for lying and cheating.

dan wrote:...Maybe Im the odd ball, but you guys are like friends and family to me... Would you sell your brother an acorn cruncher?

:lol:
Last edited by DEERSLAYER on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: acorn cruncher lol
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:27 pm

dan wrote:
adrenalin wrote:What if you were sponsored buy Lone Wolf. They gave you all the free stands and sticks you wanted plus a check for $10,000. 5 years from now Muddy makes a 5lb cast platform stand quiter and better than Lone wolf. Would you give it all up because you now believe the muddy stand is actually better?

There is a difference between taking a sponsorship with a product you like and want to use, even if there is other products that might be better, and taking something you don't believe in and promoting it...

I have a sponsorship with Huntmore chairs, and with HCO cameras... Do I think they are the absolute best for everyone? No. And you won't catch me lying about it.

The chairs are great... Do they fit everybodys need? No. Some guys like chairs that get lower to the ground and some people cost is a big factor, and really, I have not looked at the competition very closely to make a comparison. I like the chairs, and they do the job I need them to do... Not misleading anyone...

I love the black flash cameras and the Panda texting camera. Are they the best or cheapest? I really don't know. But they work awesome for me. Some of the other cameras they sent me? Not so much and you won't hear me promoting the ones that did not function well for the price...

The fact is, I personally would not promote something I would not use or did not care for... Maybe Im the odd ball, but you guys are like friends and family to me... Would you sell your brother an acorn cruncher?

I was sponsored by a fishing bait company. I caught fish on the companies products but I didnt believe their product was the best and wasnt going to promote it to others knowing that. So I gave it up. I personally couldnt promote it as the best and even gave the owner suggestions on how to make his product better. He wouldnt listen so I thanked him and stopped using his stuff. Im just saying not everyone promoting a product is lying about it just because they dont believe its the best out their. Sure some do but just as you said whats good for one isnt good for another.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:28 pm

dan wrote:

The fact is, I personally would not promote something I would not use or did not care for... Maybe Im the odd ball, but you guys are like friends and family to me... Would you [glow=red]sell your brother an acorn cruncher?

[/glow]

I have to admit I would sell my brother an acorn cruncher just so I could make fun of him for the next twenty years :lol: :lol:
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Interesting discussion, believe many things in life are black, white, or some shade of gray. Depending on your personally perspective, as human beings we can probably justify most any action to ourselves, if you try hard enough. But if your motivation is purely money, usually when you achieve your goal, you aren't happy with the choices you made or satisfied, or the person you have become. There is certain things that just aren't for sale in life, integrity and self respect are two of them, once sold the never can be bought back.

There is a line in a old song, " a man sees what he wants to see, and disregards the rest", very true statement.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”