New season structure in Wisconsin.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

solocam88
500 Club

Re: New season structure in Wisconsin.

Unread postby solocam88 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:34 am

PLB wrote:
solocam88 wrote:
DNR Mark wrote:I wanted to clarify, I think there has been some confusion on the Bonus Buck tag and how many bucks can be harvested. There is a 3 buck maximum per hunter, not 3 bonus buck maximum. That means you could harvest 1 archery, 1 gun, and 1 bonus buck. To harvest the Bonus Buck you would need to harvest a doe first. I also want to point out that the Bonus Buck is only an option, it would not be implemented in areas that have an "increase" goal. A unit having a "stabilize" or "decrease" goal does not automatically mean that Bonus Buck will be implemented. As far as I know, a method for determining when a unit would have Bonus Buck tags has not yet been proposed. Hope that helps.

Still not reasonable. There is No area in this state where one hunter should be able to kill 3 bucks in one year.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

You can kill unlimited bucks in CWD zones now so how is this proposal not more reasonable? :doh:

Now in counties in the southern part of the state, outside of the cwd zones will be able to kill an extra buck. This new law does not affect the cwd zone that much. It's the neighboring counties that are going to take a hit.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: New season structure in Wisconsin.

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 am

solocam88 wrote:
PLB wrote:
solocam88 wrote:
DNR Mark wrote:I wanted to clarify, I think there has been some confusion on the Bonus Buck tag and how many bucks can be harvested. There is a 3 buck maximum per hunter, not 3 bonus buck maximum. That means you could harvest 1 archery, 1 gun, and 1 bonus buck. To harvest the Bonus Buck you would need to harvest a doe first. I also want to point out that the Bonus Buck is only an option, it would not be implemented in areas that have an "increase" goal. A unit having a "stabilize" or "decrease" goal does not automatically mean that Bonus Buck will be implemented. As far as I know, a method for determining when a unit would have Bonus Buck tags has not yet been proposed. Hope that helps.

Still not reasonable. There is No area in this state where one hunter should be able to kill 3 bucks in one year.

You can kill unlimited bucks in CWD zones now so how is this proposal not more reasonable? :doh:

Now in counties in the southern part of the state, outside of the cwd zones will be able to kill an extra buck. This new law does not affect the cwd zone that much. It's the neighboring counties that are going to take a hit.

In my honest opinion, people are overreacting to the proposed bonus buck program. If you review the historical harvest statistics in the CWD zone where unlimited EAB regulation have existed for years, its clear this isn't the end of the world.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/forum.html

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”