Ground blinds

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

keb
500 Club

Re: Ground blinds

Unread postby keb » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Key for natural blinds or ghillie set up where you can see them coming and get in position to shoot, you can fool a deer eyes allot better than a turkey. That's what's so slick about the ghillie if there is a decent wind, lots of things moving and you can move slowly on it and not get picked off.

But being able to see them from 30 or 40 yards is key, or hear them. I was sitting in an over grown pasture, looked down looked back up and two bucks were walking thru my lane, the grass was wet and visibility was 20 yards.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Bigb
500 Club

Re: Ground blinds

Unread postby Bigb » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:14 pm

exojam wrote:I have been looking at similar type blinds and found the one below that I may get.

I need one for hiding my wheelchair with and which would allow me to turn around a bit in it. I am usually in a regular blind but want to try something different to give me some more visibility.

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/foldingblin ... cover.aspx

I'll tell you what, I really like this. I don't hunt off the ground much but if I did, this is the route I would take. I like the break up of it and you can determine the size of it too. That would be a great ground blind at a couple of the spots I can't get a tree stand tin.

I'm not a big fan of the original picture that was on here. It just seems to be quite big and doesn't match surroundings too well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”