NOTICE ; Get your stories posted for the BBC

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Re: NOTICE ; Get your stories posted for the BBC

Unread postby Brad » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:07 am

I killed my buck November 4th, no one to blame but me for not getting the entry in before the deadline. I almost posted it a few times and kept procrastinating which is no ones fault but my own. The thing to remember here is this is a FREE contest and that is basically just a thorn in Dan and Carols side for the amount of headaches it created each year, most people wouldn't want the extra stress and would get rid of it. With that said wait until next year when I kill my Booner, I'm gonna make up for my mistake this year!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 am

Brad.... when you kill that booner, I hope to be celebrating with you!!!
That could get ugly.....Lol

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 am

Carol wrote:
Dewey wrote:There are a lot less entries this year! :o I think quite a few missed the deadline. Lot's of good bucks without stories posted!

More then enough notice was given to get your stories in. I made the original post Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I extended it from when Dan had wanted it closed, which was Jan 31. I wanted to give everyone thru the weekend to get their stories up and posted - Making the deadline Monday Feb 3

No problem Carol as you gave plenty of notice. The story thread has been up for a long time so everyone had more than enough time to post one up. Lot's of good stories in the Kill Zone and a shame because all they had to do was copy and paste in the official thread. Human nature to procrastinate I guess!!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:22 am

That will take a lot of berries and probably a liver transplant!
dreaming bucks wrote:Brad.... when you kill that booner, I hope to be celebrating with you!!!
That could get ugly.....Lol

James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 am

Whoops, haven't been paying close enough attention, also missed. Good luck everyone, getting my votes in now.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:06 am

Dewey wrote:
Carol wrote:
Dewey wrote:There are a lot less entries this year! :o I think quite a few missed the deadline. Lot's of good bucks without stories posted!

More then enough notice was given to get your stories in. I made the original post Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I extended it from when Dan had wanted it closed, which was Jan 31. I wanted to give everyone thru the weekend to get their stories up and posted - Making the deadline Monday Feb 3

No problem Carol as you gave plenty of notice. The story thread has been up for a long time so everyone had more than enough time to post one up. Lot's of good stories in the Kill Zone and a shame because all they had to do was copy and paste in the official thread. Human nature to procrastinate I guess!!

Posting it in the Kill Zone DONT COUNT. Kill Zone Forum has created more of a headache then it's worth on my end. Someone is always confused on it, wanting something moved out that they didn't want there - or just deleted all together. Or the messages I get asking me to locate a post they thought was in the Kill Zone but can't find it cuz it's way too cluttered........ We have a SEARCH at the top of the forum. With proper key words anything can be located. :D

And yes the Thread to post the Hunting Stories has been up since Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:30 am

You Snooze, You Loooooze. I"m not going to send out reminder PM's asking for stories when there were several important posts made to get it done. Not my job.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:11 am

The rules have been crystal clear the past couple years. It's insanely easy to copy paste the story and insert pics via photo bucket anyway. Best way is to post your story, then copy and paste into the entry thread. Easy peeasey. Unfortunately procrastination gets the better of many of us.

P.P.S., I LOVE the kill zone, so easy to peruse dead animal stories!!

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:15 am

I personaly like having less people/hunters to lobby against :mrgreen:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:I personaly like having less people/hunters to lobby against :mrgreen:

You got my vote!

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 am

muddy wrote:The rules have been crystal clear the past couple years. It's insanely easy to copy paste the story and insert pics via photo bucket anyway. Best way is to post your story, then copy and paste into the entry thread. Easy peeasey. Unfortunately procrastination gets the better of many of us.

P.P.S., I LOVE the kill zone, so easy to peruse dead animal stories!!

:D "Easy Peeasey" :D

Agreed!
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:28 am

Carol wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Carol wrote:

Posting it in the Kill Zone DONT COUNT. Kill Zone Forum has created more of a headache then it's worth on my end. Someone is always confused on it, wanting something moved out that they didn't want there - or just deleted all together. Or the messages I get asking me to locate a post they thought was in the Kill Zone but can't find it cuz it's way too cluttered........ We have a SEARCH at the top of the forum. With proper key words anything can be located. :D

And yes the Thread to post the Hunting Stories has been up since Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:30 am

You Snooze, You Loooooze. I"m not going to send out reminder PM's asking for stories when there were several important posts made to get it done. Not my job.

Ok we get it!!! :roll: We all work hard for a living too...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:35 am

dan wrote:In the past I always pm'ed people and such to get the word out, this year I have been busy with my Mom passing and such...

Understandable. Just remember that we are here to help so you don't have to do everything. Don't hesitate to ask one of us to do it (or anything for that matter) in the future if you can't. We don't mind a bit.

Dewey wrote:
Carol wrote:

X2. You gave plenty of time. I'm just trying to figure out why this year is different to try to avoid lack of participation in the future.

For example, I also probably would have missed entering a story if I was going to post one. It seems like the announcement was right there in my face a few times each year in the past so I couldn't forget it, but it didn't seem that way this year. It could be because we have a lot of new members adding posts so when people clicked on "View New Posts" it was buried at the end of several pages and they didn't see it. So maybe it's on us moderators for not regularly bumping it up to make sure all members seen it. Especially since you and Dan had so much on your plate. I'm not sure what it is, but obviously there had to be something different to see such a huge drop in participation this year.

I think this contest is not only great for loyal members, but also for recruitment. I can think of at least six adults I recommended the Beast to that joined because of the contest. All but one has posted outside of the contest. On top of that at least three kids I know joined because of it too. I'm sure others I have told about it have also joined because of it. Probably some people that see it on my seed bags as well (I always try to remember to add a sticker about the Beast & it's contest when shipping to non Beast members). Some contribute to the forum and some don't, but I think overall it's a good recruitment tool and I think keeping participation going strong is a good thing for the Beast so I'm looking for an answer to that end. That's it. No blame game intended here.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”