Religion / hunting...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dirt nap giver

Re: Religion / hunting...

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:00 am

virginiashadow wrote:I married a Jewish woman whom I love to death. I remember her coming to me in college and was upset. She had a conversation with a religous leader/student on campus who said that Hitler was more likely to go to heaven than my wife because he believed in Christ. That I do not understand......and to be honest, if that is the way people feel then I do not want any part of that kind of mindset. Just speaking the truth here guys and I appreciate your points of views and experiences.

For anyone to say that is a truly twisted way of thinking in my opinion.
I too have had scare tactics tried on me and it is hurtful.
One day, I had been thinking of all the bad experiences I had with religion. I said to myself, if this is what it means to be a follower of Christ, I want no part of it. A couple years later I met a man who was interested in my life enough to repeatedly sit and hear what I had to say about my perspective on religion. After a couple days of listening, he repeated everything I had said to him and asked if I felt he understood me. I confirmed that he understood me and he that I have had numerous encounters with religious extremest. He then proceeded to say to me that there is a difference between mans law and God's law and that man's law had been dominating my experiences and perspective. He challenged me to ask Christ to reveil Himself to me. For 3 years I sat on the couch on Sunday mornings listening and sifting through the church services. Realizing the difference in man and God, I opened His word to "double check" what the pastor had just preached about. Some sermons had mans twist on them and some didn't. Now I hear what the pastor says, but I read it for myself to see what God has to say to me. Just because the pastor said it doesn't mean it is applicable to me. I am a follower of Christ's law and will, not man's law and will.
I will continue to follow what Christ says to me, not what SOME men say without first reading His word to see if man is in/out of context with what he was preaching.
I am very sorry for your experience, I am sorry for the reflection that has been given to you and your wife. Please believe me when I say to you, your experience was mans law NOT God's.

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 am

dirt nap giver wrote:So I feel that I have a full understanding of this, let me attempt to repeat. The was an old testimate law that died with Jesus on the cross. Then grace came into affect. So now we have access to grace, but to claim that we as individuals are keeping His laws alone is not enough. We must profess with our lips and our actions that Christ is Lord of our lives and hearts. So the confession and the keeping of the Moral code God writes and continues to write on our hearts is what it truly means to be a christian and follower of The true God.
Acceptance of Christ + Willfully keeping His laws/allowing Christ to use you in any way = Christianity.
With that said It's not about going to church and faking it, walking around thumping people over the head with the bible or even such comments that were made to Viginiashadows bride it's a personal relationship with Christ.

You got it buddy :D Loving Jesus and Doing good works are hand in hand because God has changed your heart and given you new desires.. Evidence of living faith. The works alone are nothing,but works motivated by a new heart for the glory of God...that's where it is at. The Lord seeks people to worship in spirit and in truth. Faith without works is dead faith.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Thank you for your opinions and experiences Indiana and Dirtnap. My wife is Jewish and would give any person the shirt off her back whether they were Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu.......It is just recently that I have come to the conclusion that there IS a GOD. It is honestly something I never thought I would believe. It has taken me years of introspection to come to the understanding that God does exist. Other than that, I just really do not know what my destiny is these days. I try to become a better person all the time. Here is one problem I have and maybe both of you could offer some insight that could help me. Based on the way I grew up, I seem to always have to be prepared for something. I have to keep my edge to protect myself and my family. I cannot be "too nice" or I risk putting my family in danger by being duped by someone that might try to hurt them or myself. So therefore I do not think I form the strongest of bonds with people because I really do not trust that they will not try to hurt me or my family. Just rambling here for some reason tonight. Take care guys and I appreciate the honest dialogue. And what I appreciate most is your honesty and willingness to not back down when talking about your beliefs and convinctions, even when a pain in the rear like myself debates with you.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:02 pm

virginiashadow wrote:Thank you for your opinions and experiences Indiana and Dirtnap. My wife is Jewish and would give any person the shirt off her back whether they were Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu.......It is just recently that I have come to the conclusion that there IS a GOD. It is honestly something I never thought I would believe. It has taken me years of introspection to come to the understanding that God does exist. Other than that, I just really do not know what my destiny is these days. I try to become a better person all the time. Here is one problem I have and maybe both of you could offer some insight that could help me. Based on the way I grew up, I seem to always have to be prepared for something. I have to keep my edge to protect myself and my family. I cannot be "too nice" or I risk putting my family in danger by being duped by someone that might try to hurt them or myself. So therefore I do not think I form the strongest of bonds with people because I really do not trust that they will not try to hurt me or my family. Just rambling here for some reason tonight. Take care guys and I appreciate the honest dialogue. And what I appreciate most is your honesty and willingness to not back down when talking about your beliefs and convinctions, even when a pain in the rear like myself debates with you.

Thank you for your honesty. Unfortunately because we are still human we still sin. I shamefully have to admit to not always being a nice guy either, just ask poor ol Sam UBL. I snapped on him without solid reason not too long ago for something not all that important.
I didn't grow up in a Christian home or a religious home of any kind, with some problems there myself so I know where you are coming from.
I actually went down a similar path. Started off as an Athiest (No such thing) then came to the realization that all of this couldn't have happened by chance. So then I was wondering around thinking that there was a God, but no way all of the religions of the world could be right because they are so opposed. So I went in to an attitude that it probably doesn't matter which religion you are as long as you are worshipping God in some way, good enough. So then I went on this quest to see what all the different religions believed. The lord had to beat me over the head and break me down to realize who He was and that I needed Him.
I certainly don't have all the answers, but I will do my best to answer any question you have to the best of my ability. You seem like a scientifically minded and rational guy such as myself, so in this quest seek truth, don't seek something to believe in. Something to believe in anyone can do, in fact everyone believes in something even if it just themselves...truth on the other hand is a different proposition all together. I am at your disposal.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Sometimes we need to just take some time and think about these things and they soak in over time.

A Child of God is born of God, A Son of God is taught of God.

A Child of God has His nature, A Son of God has His character.

Heaven is not the goal, that would be self centered, restored relationship is the goal, heaven is a by product of that relationship.

For the guy dissin the Jewish woman, he needs to read the book of Romans because God's covenant is forever with Israel and he should be humbled and thankful for Israel because messiah came through them. God has blinded the eyes of the Jewish people for a time so us Gentiles can be saved.
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:11 am

Hi every one,
I'm not a believer, so I don't question me on the religion/hunt.
But, I understand that we (all the truth hunters) are very close to the nature and so if you are believer.

I think we are touching the essential about live (and death of course because they are both with strong links).

I do respect all the believe if they aren't against my freedom.
I'm a free man, free of thinking, I don't want and need to convince anyone. And I let free anyone to think what they want, religious usually don't...
It is not necessary to be a moral and honest person, to believe in a god.
I believe in the human potential and friendship (even if some time it's very difficult).

With all my freedom, respect and friendship,
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Dabowhunter

Unread postby Dabowhunter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 am

Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

GRUD wrote:Sometimes we need to just take some time and think about these things and they soak in over time.

A Child of God is born of God, A Son of God is taught of God.

A Child of God has His nature, A Son of God has His character.

Heaven is not the goal, that would be self centered, restored relationship is the goal, heaven is a by product of that relationship.

For the guy dissin the Jewish woman, he needs to read the book of Romans because God's covenant is forever with Israel and he should be humbled and thankful for Israel because messiah came through them. God has blinded the eyes of the Jewish people for a time so us Gentiles can be saved.

GRUD, You're my kind of people! Thanks buddy!
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Grud, you said it very well!!!!!!
The very foundation this country was built on was for religious freedom. The freedom to worship (or not) in the religon of choice and not one forced by the government. Having the basis of foundation (and that early America and since), as a country choose Christian beliefs as the predominant religion. By choice, not mandated. With this, in todays world, we have many different religions practiced and believed in this country. Some, many of us do not like, some due to not knowing or understanding that particular religon. No different than a nonbeliever trying to understand the Christian beliefs and the many facets(denominations) of Christianity. It is a lifetime practice and study.
As a Nurse, I find that here in TX, alot of my co-workers are either Muslim or Hindu. I do not claim to know much about either. I do know that working side by side with different Muslims has given me a different perspective. Not all Muslims are radical jihadists!!!!! In fact, they are a minority. But, it seems different because of the devastation a few radical jihadists did to this country and are still trying to do.
I guess, I got off in a different direction here.
But, bottom line is, if you are religious take time to Thank The heavenly Maker for this creation you are about to (or just did) give a dirt nap to. Thank Him for the wonderful bounty and the ability to take that animal in an ethical and quick manner. If you are spiritual, thank Mother Nature for providing and giving you the opportunity.
If you are neither, just be thankful for good health and opportunity to provide for yourself and your family.
We are All children of God, some of us know it, some are learning and some choose to be their own person, independent of a maker. Not everyone comes to God at the same time. Some never come to God. HE gives us that choice and the free will to make that choice. I pray for those that make the choice to reject God, because I am not sure they really know what they are rejecting. If a nonbeliever chooses to reject God but never read the Bible, I feel they have not made an informed decision. God works in mysterious ways, and works on, in and through each and every one of us, whether we realize it or not. And He gives us many opportunities to know Him.
In all things, give thanks.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 am

Since I have asked Christ into my heart and to help me realize HIS will for my life, I have had I deeper meaning to this life. My perspective has changed so much that it is often difficult to keep up. To wake up every morning and know that empty feeling that used to exist inside of me now filled with Christ, is so fulfilling. I now find myself battling with His will vs my selfishness is something that will never go away. To know that Christ loves me and knows who I am fills so many voids in my soul. Now that Christ resides with in me, I don't have any desire to go back to the emptiness for the old me. Words can never describe the feelings within my heart. My life now has purpose, meaning and He is giving me His direction. I could post all day trying to explain how I feel.......not gonna happen....so I'll stop typing.
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:02 am

dirt nap giver wrote:Since I have asked Christ into my heart and to help me realize HIS will for my life, I have had I deeper meaning to this life. My perspective has changed so much that it is often difficult to keep up. To wake up every morning and know that empty feeling that used to exist inside of me now filled with Christ, is so fulfilling. I now find myself battling with His will vs my selfishness is something that will never go away. To know that Christ loves me and knows who I am fills so many voids in my soul. Now that Christ resides with in me, I don't have any desire to go back to the emptiness for the old me. Words can never describe the feelings within my heart. My life now has purpose, meaning and He is giving me His direction. I could post all day trying to explain how I feel.......not gonna happen....so I'll stop typing.

There are no words, I am with you brother. God Bless.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”