odd observation

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SamPotter
500 Club

Re: odd observation

Unread postby SamPotter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm with everybody else on this one. My guess is that he found "The Spot" and it happens to have a consistently good wind. He also may have a bullet proof entry/exit that he uses and doesn't even know why. Hunting sure can be made to look easy sometimes when all the stars align even if you don't know what makes a spot so good.

Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:00 pm

brkissl82 wrote:Something doesnt make sense to me. I always hear how we should only hunt a spot once or twice a year and the first time is always the best. But..... my cousin hunts out of the same stand everytime he hunts abd pays no attention to the wind yet shoots 150" or better very frequently. It is private land but gets a lot of pressure fro walkers and such. Im puzzled!?!? This goes against everything

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Ugh, Join the club. We have one spot that a couple guy sit (one gun hunts, one bow hunts) and they throw wind and scent control out the window. Its at the bottom of a ravine too. Every year they kill a good buck out of it or get a few opportunities. Last year, it was a 160" that I was trying to figure out putting in lots of time trying to figure out a pattern. This year while the guy was smoking a 165" buck that just came around this year, showed up at 25 yards and he shot under him. Next night, same stand, shot over him at 20 yards. It just makes me scratch my head. Nothing super special about this spot. Right along one of our creek between two ag fields. I'm working hard to find a spot like that, I know there are a few more out there.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm

If it was easy would it be worth doing? Would you rather be lucky or good? Look into why but he probably stumbled to a honey hole and why fix what isn't broken. So he thinks its easy. Probably doing more right than he knows.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 pm

This will be one of these deals where he talks about how good he had it because unless he owns the land. It may be breaking without him knowing it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”