What a letdown

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TravisB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What a letdown

Unread postby TravisB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Well, I hunted really hard this year, passed on so many bucks I lost count. Only saw one shooter, but couldn't get a shot. This evening and tomorrow morning are my last hunts this season, down to the last two hunts. Well, about 5 this evening a shooter shows up. I watch him for 20 minutes waiting on a shot, when low and behold, here comes a bigger one. This will be the second biggest buck I've ever killed. I watch the two square off for a few seconds and grunt at each other, then feed together for 25 minutes, and time is getting short. I finally decide they're not coming any closer, so I take the shot at 35 yards, slightly quartering away on the biggest. Whack, whip, crack. I swear that limb moved in front of my arrow. Needless to say, they scat, but only about 30 yards. They don't know what happened, just that something made some awful racket in the trees a few yards away. About 2 minutes later, a huge boar shows up in the same spot. Going to the same stand in the morning, maybe one will show back up. I kinda feel like I missed the game winning field goal, but it was fun being in the game.

[ Post made via iPhone ]

Jackson Marsh

Re: What a letdown

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Awesome encounter! You were in the game, just didn't work out. Most guys aren't even in the game.

[ Post made via Android ]
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Hopefully u still get a chance! Keep ur head up still great encounter

[ Post made via iPad ]
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:51 pm

OH nontypical
500 Club

Unread postby OH nontypical » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Most successful people will tell you that about the time you cant seem to get it done (whatever you are trying to get done), just push on and you will see success was right around the corner. I hope you can get one of them in the morning........OHNT
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Lots of guys would love to just see those two shooters I bet.

Keep at it, they are around and not too spooked.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:41 am

My next to last hunt last night, had a nice one come in just about 3 minutes too late for me to see my pin to shoot him at 15 yards clean! Bummmmmmmmmmed! But was the 1st one I'd seen in 5 sits to happy with that. Hunted same spot this morning, no luck although did find a scrape presumably made by this one 20 yards behind my stand. Hoping for some final luck in KY next weekend!
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”