Bow holder what do you use?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Troutking

Re: Bow holder what do you use?

Unread postby Troutking » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:04 pm

The third hand holder and also API makes one just like it, they are great. I have them on all my Lone Wolfs now. I installed them 4 years ago and its one less thing I carry in. Now that I hunt without a pack things like a bowholder have to on the stand or it doesn't go.

The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
darenative

Unread postby darenative » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Zap wrote:I would never trust a holder on the stand.

Hang em only for me.

I was skeptical at first also. Once the holder is angled right for your bow limb geometry and locked down, it is almost impossible for the bow to come out unintentionally. They are over built compared to anything else I've seen or used.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:21 am

trapper57 wrote:I stand up 90 % of the time on stand.
A lot of my shot opportunities would not happen sitting down on stand.
Plus I hate to shoot sitting down.

Spysar wrote:Why on earth would you not like the third arm, right on your stand??? I can't imagine less ease and motion to pick up your bow. If your bow is on the tree you have to twist your whole body. I can put my release on the string with one hand as I'm grabbing the handle of the bow with my other hand, at the same time, while never taking my eye off the deer. How can it be easier???

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

OK, why do you stand all the time? Short amount of time on stand? You must not do all day sits. IMO standing all day hurts your chances as you are bound to be moving more than if your sitting. I never have a problem standing up when I see a deer. If your doing things right, you should see the deer in plenty of time to grab your bow and stand up.

When the third arm is set up right, there is no chance of the bow coming out, unless YOU do something to knock it out. They just don't fall out by themselves. So yeah, if your clumsy the bow holder might not be for you. Heck, some people climb with their bow in the third arm....

And to the guys that don't like them, have you actually tried one???
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 am

darenative wrote:
Zap wrote:I would never trust a holder on the stand.

Hang em only for me.

I was skeptical at first also. Once the holder is angled right for your bow limb geometry and locked down, it is almost impossible for the bow to come out unintentionally. They are over built compared to anything else I've seen or used.

I use to think that before the wind decided to take my bow for a ride one day.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”