Hip waders at stand, where to store?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sojourner

Re: Hip waders at stand, where to store?

Unread postby sojourner » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:38 am

headgear wrote:Post some topos and aerials, we can do our best to see what the thermals might do. Best bet is to bring some milkweed and see for yourself. You might have stronger thermals coming off the higher ground that could override the water thermals.

I'll see what I can do w/ topos / aerials. Gotta figure out the technology. I just am a neophyte with beast tactics and only have one milk weed seed pocket. May try that tomorrow.

Thx!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

CMBOSTC
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CMBrumfi ... 3950568191

Unread postby CMBOSTC » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:12 am

If it was me and I had to use waders I would get a US Army wet weather bag to put your boots in. You don't want all of that smell in the open while you are hunting. Chris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Military-Arm ... 4897.l4276
sojourner

Unread postby sojourner » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:32 am

CMBOSTC wrote:If it was me and I had to use waders I would get a US Army wet weather bag to put your boots in. You don't want all of that smell in the open while you are hunting. Chris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Military-Arm ... 4897.l4276

I have a wader bag I use that I got for when I chase geese and ducks. It is zippered and has a shoulder strap. It works good. I just was hoping to not need to hoist up the wader bag with waders.

Thanks!

May-39

Waist Waders

Unread postby May-39 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I can't totally vouch for them cause I'm still looking for a deal on a pair but I was marsh scouting last winter with a pal and was totally jealous...
Just that day there were several spots I had to pick through or walk around in hippers while he just blazed on in..Gore tex breathable..so they are windproof, waterproof...

When I used to duck hunt a lot I thought they were ridiculous..Now I'm like heyyyyy..Just too cheap to pay retail.

Before I had a heater body suit I hunted out of my thick waders with felt liners in the bitter cold anyhow..
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I always carried my waders to the water, put them on, crossed the creek and hung them in a bush or tree, put my boots back on and went to my tree, repeated the deal, I would leave the waders in the tree or bush that night if I was coming back, I was always worried about a mouse eating a hole in them, been lucky so far.

dennism

Unread postby dennism » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:08 pm

checkerfred wrote:
Zap wrote:
checkerfred wrote:you guys that are wearing stocking foot waders, do you just use rubber boots on top of that? If so, do they not fill up with water and make them heavy/noisy? Also what about when the temps drop to like 20-30 degrees, how do you layer? I have a few spots I wanna hunt but I'm sure I'll need waders so thinking about what to get

They sell wader boots with drains holes in them or you can make drain holes in an old pair of boots.
The advantage of sf waders is they are as flexible as pants and boots.
Climb a tree no problem.

Do you do this in rubber boots? I have a cheap pair that's leaking that I might could do that with.

I've been using stocking foot waders for years for fishing and hunting. A lot more comfortable than the ones with boots. The ones with boots will rub the back of your leg raw if you walk a while in them. I just buy some cheep shoes 2 sizes bigger than you wear normally and have had Bo problem with water staying in or then coming off in muck. My only problem is I wear a size 14. It's tuff finding them but you can get them for around $10

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sojourner

Unread postby sojourner » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:26 pm

I never used stocking foot waders. I have neoprene chest and nylon hip waders. For the most part, I have definable "stream" crossings and general deep muck/marsh where I need them. I only put them on when I need to, otherwise, it is too hot. I only bring out the chest waders after rain/melt. I will be packing them in the morning.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”