Map of Swamp, any ideas on areas to start looking at?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TravisB

Map of Swamp, any ideas on areas to start looking at?

Unread postby TravisB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:36 am

This is an area I hunted about 10 years ago, and saw a lot of deer, killed a few, and haven't been back. It's a public tract on a large reservoir about 2 hours from my house. I tried to draw a rough outline of the boundary of the management area. The west side is bordered by a large river about 100-150 yards across. This is gator infested swamp full of palmetto bushes. The finger that points south next to the river is where I hunted before and saw quite a few deer. I'm thinking if I can get a kayak up the slough that I drew a line through, I may be able to get on the backside of the land next to the crops. I'm thinking there should be some mature deer bedded down in that area. The boat landing is at the bottom of the pics, marked with a yellow dot on one. It's gonna be about a 1 to 2 mile kayak trip, but I think that's the only access to where I want to get. Thanks for looking.

TravisB

Re: Map of Swamp, any ideas on areas to start looking at?

Unread postby TravisB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:37 am

Well, I screwed up the last pic, but you can click on the link. It's just a little closer view of the area I was thinking about trying to get to.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:24 am

I would check out the island areas... I put red dots where I expect bedded bucks, and yellow dots at approximate hunting spots

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:25 am

TravisB wrote:Well, I screwed up the last pic, but you can click on the link. It's just a little closer view of the area I was thinking about trying to get to.

Fixed it for you.
TravisB

Unread postby TravisB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks, Dan. Ever since I found this site (thank you Zap, for mentioning it on AT), hunting this place has been brewing in my mind. Hardly anyone hunts there during bow season, and everyone I saw hunting it during gun season accessed it by the main river channel. I literally lose sleep at night anticipating getting down there and doing some scouting. There are eight more tracts around this lake that total 15,000 acres I can't wait to check out.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”