How many fawns?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

How many fawns?

Unread postby Zap » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Have you seen a normal amount of fawns this season/more than normal/less than normal?

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: How many fawns?

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

I saw about an average number. Larger buck sightings were down. My cameras also showed less larger bucks.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Here is why I ask:

"This study was just routine," said Russian biologist Alexey V. Surov, in what could end up as the understatement of this century. Surov and his colleagues set out to discover if Monsanto's genetically modified (GM) soy, grown on 91% of US soybean fields, leads to problems in growth or reproduction. What he discovered may uproot a multi-billion dollar industry.

After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.

And if this isn't shocking enough, some in the third generation even had hair growing inside their mouths--a phenomenon rarely seen, but apparently more prevalent among hamsters eating GM soy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-s ... 44575.html
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
darenative

Unread postby darenative » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:32 pm

I wouldn't put too much faith into a HuffPost article...I thought it was black panthers that were responsible for lower than normal fawn recruitment :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”