Postmortem

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Postmortem

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:52 am

The fat lady has sung :cry: ...

Went out most of yesterday w/ bow, jumped a big bodied deer while scouting through the VERY noisy woods.
Got some good Intel; logged about 3-miles, found some bedding, good trails and a dead buck.
Sat for the last frigid evening hunt for me for the year... CCCCCooooldddd - Brrr!

7° this morning w/ a snowstorm looming for late afternoon and an x-mas party today and tomorrow - Season is now dead for me...
Double :cry: :cry:

Good luck for the rest of the late season hunters and bundle up.
PS - don't forget to buy that something special for the one who allows you to go hunting too!!!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Zap

Re: Postmortem

Unread postby Zap » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:00 am

Looked to me like your season was not too bad!

8-)

Loose anything?

:P
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:58 am

I still have a while yet, but its hard with the short days and holidays.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:53 am

It's gun season in Iowa so bow season is closed. Late season is tough as there are many less bucks and the bucks are in fright mode. I have more tags than I do desire for late season. Ed you had one heck of a season.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:23 am

I can't wait for late season and some of that wonderful cold weather :dance: The colder it is, the easier deer hunting gets - even if the being out there bit is harder :lol:

It will be a race between shooting a buck and bucks loosing their antlers this year tho.
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:06 am

Yeah, I think my season is done also unless it does not snow anymore (ha ha) and it warms up.

I think I will only be doing bow in MA, IN & NH next year. Ate to many tags for Mass and NH (gun) this year to warrant the cost of a gun tag in NH.

At least I got a doe this year.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 am

exojam wrote:Yeah, I think my season is done also unless it does not snow anymore (ha ha) and it warms up.

I think I will only be doing bow in MA, IN & NH next year. Ate to many tags for Mass and NH (gun) this year to warrant the cost of a gun tag in NH.

I think Bow only for NH is a good idea w/ no extra tags other than the special buck for a $1 (buck).
You figure time and gas when MA starts will rob time from NH so it seems like a logical viewpoint...

I will be on the prowl for a few good spots for you this year buddy, we will talk after the New Year!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Bowhunter74201

Unread postby Bowhunter74201 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:32 am

yeah i'm done too. i sat for a while this morning but had to cut it short due to my daughter's recital. sat for 5 hours though in 1* temps and 10 mph winds. thank god for the iwom! never woulda made it that long without it. can't go tomorrow, got too much snow removal to do, won't have time to hunt. i didn't kill a thing this year, ate all 3 of my tags. ate 2 ohio tags too. oh well, next year is gonna be a whole different ball game now that i've found the beast.

stay warm out there guys, and good luck to those who are still on the hunt!
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:
exojam wrote:Yeah, I think my season is done also unless it does not snow anymore (ha ha) and it warms up.

I think Bow only for NH is a good idea w/ no extra tags other than the special buck for a $1 (buck).
You figure time and gas when MA starts will rob time from NH so it seems like a logical viewpoint...

I will be on the prowl for a few good spots for you this year buddy, we will talk after the New Year!

Ed,

That would be great if you could.

I do not mind the gas or time; my main concern is having someone with me the first time or two out so I can be somewhat familiar with the area. Then, if I go by myself someone will know where I am if I need help finding or dragging a deer (or if I get lost).

I am already thinking of what my main plans for Mass are next year and that is to get my food plots in properly so I can put myself in a better position and scout the area next to me a whole lot.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”