Deer Hunting and Wives

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: Deer Hunting and Wives

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 am

Brad wrote:My wife doesn't appreciate how dedicated I am to it. She hunts, both gun and bow but not to the level I take it. She killed her first buck this year which was awesome, but she likes the go sit in a few spots and see what happens approach, rather than the take it to the max and try and figure out every little variable like we do on here. There is room for both and if it makes her happy that's great.

Yea same here. Actually she wouldn't call it "dedicated", she calls it "obsessed" :mrgreen:

My wife hunts a few times of the year, with a rifle, not a bow. Up until this year she liked killing does. She rather eat them than a buck. I see no difference, but what ever. She will scout with me a little but mostly the set up is up to me. She would help drag one out if I asked and she insists on field dressing her own, and when we cut it up, she's there to help. She's pure country.

With all that said, she does get tired of me gone all the time to hunt. I don't think there's many spouses out there that wouldn't be. I have learned over the years that if I make time for her as well as hunt, things go smoother during hunting season.

You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
darenative

Unread postby darenative » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:15 am

I agree with getting wives involved in hunting, it makes it so much easier, especially when your kids get to hunting age. I got to see both kids and my wife take deer this year and it was probably the most rewarding season I've had in 30 years of hunting.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:12 am

My wife is growing more and more intolorable of my time spent hunting each season. I got a good talking too just last week. I may have too start cutting back a little bit.
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:19 am

TravisB wrote:I'm getting too old and been married too long to listen to it much, anymore. Now I just say when I'm going hunting, what day I'll be back, and let the chips fall where they will. Life's too short to sit around the house with a choke collar on.

Choke collar hmmm. times have changed. Wives use new technology now. If you use a smart phone they have the electronic leash plus they can turn on that gps locator and know where you are. Which could be good and bad.

:lol:

Luckily my spouse does not mind me going hunting. My hunting areas are within a 45 minute drive so I drive back and forth. She is happy with that.

I also tried taking the spouse hunting a few times. Each time I heard more snoring than I did deer. That was the end of that.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”