Lunchtime sighting ...from my kitchen!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Darion

Lunchtime sighting ...from my kitchen!!

Unread postby Darion » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:59 am

I live on the outskirts of a large in a fairly quiet subdivision, my backyard borders a tree nursery of a local landscaping company. I am sitting down to lunch today with my two girls when I look up to see a 2.5 yr old 8 pointer casually strolling by about 60 yards from the deck. My daughter was just as excited as me. She wanted to put a sled behind him, go for a ride.. then eat him. Ha Ha
Oh the irony of hunting, I have been thinking and studying where to find the bucks on public land and this guy just strolls through my backyard at 1 in the afternoon. .. I think I am going to go work on my tracking skills this afternoon. :think:

headgear
500 Club

Re: Lunchtime sighting ...from my kitchen!!

Unread postby headgear » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:18 am

I found an old backyard bucks thread, time to setup a stand! :P
viewtopic.php?t=19390&p=239504
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:20 am

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:33 am

Darion wrote:I live on the outskirts of a large in a fairly quiet subdivision, my backyard borders a tree nursery of a local landscaping company. I am sitting down to lunch today with my two girls when I look up to see a 2.5 yr old 8 pointer casually strolling by about 60 yards from the deck. My daughter was just as excited as me. She wanted to put a sled behind him, go for a ride.. then eat him. Ha HaOh the irony of hunting, I have been thinking and studying where to find the bucks on public land and this guy just strolls through my backyard at 1 in the afternoon. .. I think I am going to go work on my tracking skills this afternoon. :think:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:43 am

Imagei had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, this buck was chasing a doe in my back yard... We live right in the middle of town, but the woods is probably 500 yards away. The doe's come here in the fall to eat apples from our tree, but I've never seen a buck, until now, pretty cool!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Darion

Unread postby Darion » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:00 am

I found an old backyard bucks thread, time to setup a stand! :P

Exactly, my first thought was "where is my bow?". The second thought was it's probably not a real good idea to shoot a deer on someones property w/out permission. But it is still cool to watch em!!
Darion

Unread postby Darion » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:03 am

headgear wrote:I found an old backyard bucks thread, time to setup a stand! :P
http://thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0&p=239504

Exactly, my first thought was "where is my bow?" The second thought was it's probably not a good idea to shoot a deer from someone elses property w/out permission. But it was still cool to watch him.
James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:46 am

Friend of a friend's backyard here in Minneapolis

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:08 am

My backyard buck from this year, coming into a mock scrape. FYI this is the same buck, I patched two photos together. Have another one about as big as him running around too. You need some BEASTLY discipline to not hunt these kind of bucks they are only there at night. I think my neighbor still thinks I'm crazy for hunting public land but oh well.

OH nontypical
500 Club

Unread postby OH nontypical » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:11 am

Just got in blind on a 10 acre piece behind my house. After a big 9 point. Backyard bucks are Davy. Been after this guy for two years. Only seen him once in the woods.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Darion

Unread postby Darion » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 am

That's awesome.. You guys have some nice bucks in the backyard. I need to put up a camera!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
May-39

Unread postby May-39 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:05 pm

lol, my old house was across the street from a huge nursery and I had a large lot...used to have a doe family out back almost every night. Just for kicks I put a camera up and couple nights later a real nice buck was chasing them around between 2a and 4a..musta been coming back from the bars in town I guess.

I couldn't grow anything even next to the house, they would eat it in broad daylight
Peter

Unread postby Peter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm

My 15 month old woke up at 11:30 last night. As I was sitting in the living room with him getting him back to sleep I see a buck walk by the window. Stand up to see where he is going and he and another were eating the bushes next to the garage... A six and an eight. We live in the suburbs west of Milwaukee. Get lots of deer here. Here's a pic from the weekend before gun season this year. This may be one of the deer that was here last night.

exojam

Unread postby exojam » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:01 pm

My wife has said not shooting the deer that come through the yard. I had to tell her that is fine with the does but if a buck comes by I am shooting first and asking forgiveness after second.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”