got a dilemma

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

samm

got a dilemma

Unread postby samm » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am

First off I'd like to introduce myself. I have been reading posts on the site for a cpl yrs and finally opened an account. Yeah I'm a little delayed on it lol. I hunt in west central WI. Mainly Dunn, pepin and some Buffalo cty's. Love the site and the info. Well to the point. I have hunted some public land for 16 yrs and just recently someone had put up posted signs in a spot I love to gun hunt. I talked to the property manager and he said its open to public hunting. But then he said to not hint there till they get it figured out. Due to the fact it might start a feud between excel energy and a land owner. I really want to hunt that spot but just not sure what to do. The maps from DNR say its public and the posted signs are 300 yards into the public property. Any opinions on what I should do?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

backstraps

Re: got a dilemma

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:33 am

I was in a similar situation. My advice would be since you contacted the area mgr...I would follow his advice.
I wouldn't wait all season though. Call him in a week and ask for his direction at that time. If he hasn't settled the misunderstanding with who posted the land...he may send you on in to hunt

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 am

Samm, first of all, welcome to the site. What county is this public land on? I might know who the new owner is.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
samm

Unread postby samm » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am

Thank you. Right on Dunn pepin CTY line

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:59 am

Not the same property owner I was thinking. I know a guy who just bought some public land in west central WI and closed the deal last week. He put a friendly note on a parking area letting hunters know the land is no longer public. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with his situation this weekend. I would seriously call the local DNR office or forestry office and confirm this guy isn't pulling your chain.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
samm

Unread postby samm » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Yeah the signs have been up for a cpl weeks I guess. I was thinking about calling the local warden and see what he has to say about it.

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Warden might point you in the right direction but would be sure to call the county forester. He will know.
samm

Unread postby samm » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:28 pm

OK. Thank you guys for the info.

wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:22 pm

I hunt all those counties heavy...the man to talk to is the county forester. Sounds a bit fishy being posted 300yds in... The CF will be able to tell you exactly whats going on there. Goodluck man.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”