washington il

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

j87harris

washington il

Unread postby j87harris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:53 pm

I live in Washington Illinois and boys let me tell ya... that storm was unreal. Roughly 400 homes damages, 6 deaths, and multiple power lines down water mains broken. The tornado destruction paths missed my house by about 1/4 mile and I only had debris in my yard and a piece of siding ripped of. My family and I are safe and sound at my father in laws house in chillicothe. It was unthinkable and heart breaking/ warming to see all the damage yet see the community coming together to help each other out. I have been helping out with the destruction wherever I can. There are multiple FB pages telling how people can help financially with donations. The town is currently under marshal law as crews deal with downed power lines and unsafe structures. We have a curfew of 6pm until 7am and only residents with proof of residency are allowed in and out of the town. Please pray for us!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

exojam

Re: washington il

Unread postby exojam » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Glad to hear you and the family are OK.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:48 pm

prayers sent to everyone affected by this storm, glad to hear you and your family are OK.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:04 am

Hope all is well with your family and pray for better times to come.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:56 pm

I am heading to Fulton County for gun season on Thursday. My buddy and I were going down with an empty Ford Expedition hoping to have coolers full of quarters on the way back. We made the call Monday that we are filling up with as much bottled water, Food and such that we can afford. Hopefully I can get about 30 or so cases of water and as much food as we can fit. My wife is there right now and says that schools are looking for Peanut butter and such. I'm trying to pay off our wedding last month but this takes priority. It's not much, but a expedition full of water and food has got to help a little. My wife has an employee that lost everything in Washington. She went down to help cover her work as well as offer some assistance. They have nothing left so I emptied my closet of sweatshirts and my wife took what she could. I feel like I got to do what I can.

I heard that Washington is basically shut down but Pekin has some drop off spots. Thursday afternoon we'll drop off a SUV full of supplies and a heart full of prayers.
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:03 pm

:pray: Heavy Hart to everyone effected. Hang in there there...
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm

J87, Maybe you can relay what is needed most right now. I'm bringing tarps, tubs and water right now. If anything else is needed more please let me now. Also, if there is a good drop off place south of the Washington or somewhere outsiders can drop off things. Any help would be appreciated.
j87harris

Unread postby j87harris » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:33 am

There is a church called crossroads one the outside of town. This has been set up as the headquarter for red cross and other groups. They have stated the biggest thing needed right now is financial support. The church is located on the corner of route 24 and main Street.

Thank you for the prayers and help!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 am

Seeing some of those homes leveled to the ground is unbelievable. The power of those stinking tornadoes is hard to fathom. I see some people in the Philippines are even sending money. The world has some great people in it. The crooks get the lions share of the ink unfortunately.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 am

Glad your ok...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”