What all do you keep track of on the stand?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: What all do you keep track of on the stand?

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:03 am

muddy wrote:I honestly check a lot of things. There's no way I can keep total attention on the hunt 100% of the time. I pay close attention to the wind and thermals with a baby powder checker, but only if the wind is being ignorant. I love to read on stand and I often read my book or the internet for 15-30 seconds and then scan my area for a minute and go back to my distraction. If I didn't have a distraction like I did yesterday when I only saw a few deer over 10 hours[glow=red]I'd go nuts.[/glow]

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I'm in line with you. Books and modern technology make the grind significantly more enjoyable.

Yesterday I had a single ear bud in my ear listening to the Packer game. Followed my fantasy football team on my phone. It was raining, windy, and cold, but time went by fast.

Dewey

Re: What all do you keep track of on the stand?

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
muddy wrote:I honestly check a lot of things. There's no way I can keep total attention on the hunt 100% of the time. I pay close attention to the wind and thermals with a baby powder checker, but only if the wind is being ignorant. I love to read on stand and I often read my book or the internet for 15-30 seconds and then scan my area for a minute and go back to my distraction. If I didn't have a distraction like I did yesterday when I only saw a few deer over 10 hours[glow=red]I'd go nuts.[/glow]

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I'm in line with you. Books and modern technology make the grind significantly more enjoyable.

Yesterday I had a single ear bud in my ear listening to the Packer game. Followed my fantasy football team on my phone. It was raining, windy, and cold, but time went by fast.

Whatever keeps you on stand. Can't kill them from the couch! ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”