Mornings or Evenings Right Now?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

Mornings or Evenings Right Now?

Unread postby Chasman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:19 am

I would like to get out for a couple more sits before gun season kicks in. With this stage of the rut would you schedule for an evening or morning sit?

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Mornings or Evenings Right Now?

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 am

Chasman wrote:I would like to get out for a couple more sits before gun season kicks in. With this stage of the rut would you schedule for an evening or morning sit?

Right now I prefer mornings. Another week that answer is evenings.
3dpinwheeler

Unread postby 3dpinwheeler » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:42 am

I wouldn't get out of my tree right now, if I had a tag only

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:24 am

Both...
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:10 pm

I hunted hard the last weekend of Oct and into Nov. Caught a bad break with weather. Did some all day sits in rain and wind. Hoping that time would equal results. Seen some bucks and only one shooter, that I regret not doing a ground stalk on. Another story. The reason I was wondering mornings or nights is because Wife is starting to reach her hunting limit. Plus I have another 9 days off for Gun Hunting so my bowhunting trips are not going to be the all day stuff from here on out. I did sit a new piece of public tonight. Lots of grass, small creek, and some loud as heck dried out stalks of something. If the wind was not up, no way you could get in for an AM hunt. I don't know the name of the plant but the stalks are square and leaves are super dry. Wind is never what is predicted, without prior knowledge and very limited trees direction was not the best. I did blow out one doe during power scout. Seen a small nubbie once in tree. Walking in I took the not so loud route. The way I will enter if I ever hunt again. Complete opposite of the one path someone else was taking. I did see some nice rubs, and a few good trails during scout. Anyway there was a scrubby 5ft tall tree in the thick grass almost on the crest of a the highest point overlooking creek and downwind of main path. I had a Beast hunch their would be a buck bed, and sure enough. Good size bed, and the tree was rubbed up. The buck on a north/west wind could either smell or see the hunters walking out. Dang these animals are smart.
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:17 am

So since finding out about the beast style a few months ago ive noticed most of you prefer to hunting evenings in early season then mornings and evenings during rut. Do u switch back to mainly evenings during late season???

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:36 am

brkissl82 wrote:So since finding out about the beast style a few months ago ive noticed most of you prefer to hunting evenings in early season then mornings and evenings during rut. Do u switch back to mainly evenings during late season???

Evenings for me.. Deer movement is best during the warmest part of the day (afternoon) during these bitter cold days. Otherwise they like to stay bedded and conserve energy.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Outside of the rut I'm an evening hunter, too hard to get in undetected in the morning without bumping deer though with leas foliage its hard to get in at all if your anywhere near a bed in hill country. Best bet would be to enter when the deer are more groggy or completely sleeping, which would be midday or early afternoon.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”