Deer Survives being Shot in Face

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Carol
Site Admin

Deer Survives being Shot in Face

Unread postby Carol » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 am

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
admiral04

Re: Deer Survives being Shot in Face

Unread postby admiral04 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:54 pm

We all love killing deer but I dont think any of us like to see them suffer. This is why guys need to practice practice practice and try and always make good shots. Glad they caught this deer so they could help. Interesting pic.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Probably intentional.....

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Ouch!

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Looks like a recurve shot. Guy needs to practice shooting instinctively more.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:00 am

Could of easily clipped a branch or bumped the bow on something during the shot. Or the hunter simply made a poor shot. I am sure everyone on this forum has experienced most or all of the above.

Why is it that people automatically assume that the poor hit was related to a lack of practice or that the hunter purposely shot the deer in the face? You guys are playing right into the hands of the anti-hunters. This type of story is covered with an agenda to increase the popular anti-hunting sentiment. Us hunters should band together and look out for each other (not denigrate and attach each other).

Not sure why most hunters like to attack other hunters without cause?
"In the deed, the glory"
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:01 am

jakedeaver wrote:Could of easily clipped a branch or bumped the bow on something during the shot. Or the hunter simply made a poor shot. I am sure everyone on this forum has experienced most or all of the above.

Why is it that people automatically assume that the poor hit was related to a lack of practice or that the hunter purposely shot the deer in the face? You guys are playing right into the hands of the anti-hunters. This type of story is covered with an agenda to increase the popular anti-hunting sentiment. Us hunters should band together and look out for each other (not denigrate and attach each other).

I totally agree. This is an unfortunate incident. We dont really know what the circumstances were behind this incident but I guarantee that this was not the intended outcome.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:40 am

hunter_mike wrote:
jakedeaver wrote:Could of easily clipped a branch or bumped the bow on something during the shot. Or the hunter simply made a poor shot. I am sure everyone on this forum has experienced most or all of the above.

I totally agree. This is an unfortunate incident. We dont really know what the circumstances were behind this incident but I guarantee that this was not the intended outcome.

X2. Things happen sometimes. For a we know, some guy made a bad shot or it deflected and he probably feels awful about it. Stuff happens some times that is out of our control.
MnHunter

Unread postby MnHunter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:17 am

X2

Couldn't have said it better myself.
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:31 am

I actualy thought the coverage was pretty fair. People like hearing happy endings. I didn't hear anyone ripping hunters in that video. It was all about the deer.
dbltmn

Unread postby dbltmn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:19 am

2 years ago during gun season I was coming out of the woods with my son. A guy stopped to say hi (and show off his buck). He had a small scraggly fork or 6 in the back of his truck. The wow factor was that the buck had a cross bow bolt sticking right out of its forhead. The deer had been shot AT LEAST ten days prior as a neighbor had it on a trail cam eating with the bolt in its head. The thing looked like a unicorn with antlers. This happened in Langlade county. If you google buck with arrow in head in Langlade there is a pic. It stinks to see this stuff, but it's amazing what deer will survive.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”