Disappearing Does

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraps

Disappearing Does

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 am

I've noticed the last three seasons...about the 1st to 2nd week of November the does litterally disappear where I hunt.

Do any of you all expierence this? Is this a "pre estrus"" thing the does go through?

Seems like I go for a week to a week and a half without seeing a doe....then the very next time I see them, they're being pushed around the woods by a would be boy friend?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Last edited by backstraps on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PLB
500 Club

Re: Disappearing Does

Unread postby PLB » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 am

Good question because my does have disappeared and I haven't seen a fawn in my 5 day hunt....

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:21 am

I think it has a lot to do with much increased hunting pressure and they are staying bedded till after dark and again well before daylight. Later they are moving much more because the bucks are harassing them and bumping them from their beds in daylight.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 am

They move less because they don't wanna be chased to death! Any one yr old buck will start chasing a doe whether she is hot or not.... :lol: think back to your teen yrs! :lol:

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BuckTrack81

Unread postby BuckTrack81 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 am

Bucky wrote:They move less because they don't wanna be chased to death! Any one yr old buck will start chasing a doe whether she is hot or not.... :lol: think back to your teen yrs! :lol:

:lol: :dance: :lol:

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:22 am

Bucky wrote:They move less because they don't wanna be chased to death! Any one yr old buck will start chasing a doe whether she is hot or not.... :lol: think back to your teen yrs! :lol:

Yup.

Same thing every year at this time. My wife and kids like popping does in the back yard and they are non-existant at this time. Barely any movement after dark also. Trail cams are almost dead.

Happens every year in our "back yard" which essentially is a 80-120 acres of prime doe bedding/fedding on oaks. They just don't move much. Do have a few trail cam pictures of "monster" fork horns and spikes chasing the does all around the back yard. :lol:
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:44 am

I wish the does would disappear where I hunt :lol: , Thats all I see. Never any bucks.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”